Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #17
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
What are you looking to use the phone for? If you're using it for media and basic stuff, I'd say go with iPhone. It sounds like you've already got all your music and stuff set up through iTunes and are familiar with the OS from using the iPod touch. If you don't have any issues with that, it'd be a smooth transition into the iPhone with little learning curve.

If you're looking for something different, an android phone will be nice. There are quite a few things that I think Android does that is far superior to Apple, but there's definitely more of a learning curve on the OS. The phone allows you to tweak more and gives you a little more freedom.

Really, it depends on what you're looking to get out of a phone at the moment. Like Chi said, play with whatever you're interested in and see which one appeals to you more. Each has positives and each has negatives. I'm on a Droid X, coming off a Droid. Each time I try to give the iPhone a fair shake, I come away disappointed.

If I can throw one more suggestion your way that will probably get panned by others: give a look to the HTC Trophy. I've been checking out some of the WP7 stuff recently and like what they're doing. The OS is smooth, I like the tile system, and the integration of XBox Live and Zune Pass really has me thinking long and hard about giving the new Windows Phone a shot when it's time to upgrade. Again, not a popular platform at the moment and easy to dismiss with the old shitty Windows Phone platforms, but the new stuff has been impressive so far.
Mostly email both work and personal, especially my outlook calendar. Some basic web surfing, pic taking and music player.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote