Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you keep your service records?
Yes 14 38.89%
No 19 52.78%
Tater's ex-wife is a cum guzzling whore 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750
Question Why dont people keep service records?

Been looking at used cars....And lots of these clowns claim they didn't keep records .....For example I had a couple people show me their tire receipts, which I guess they held onto so they could claim the road hazard warranty if needed. And that's the only frigging records they had. I'm like, how hard is it to keep the rest of the records, like oil changes and regular service? Do people just not understand that it affects your resale value? Do these people just throw those receipts away? I had one guy claim that his timing belt was done by someone "off-duty" and that's why he didn't have a receipt for it. Yeah right.

And furthermore, why don't dealerships collect service records from people who give them a trade-in? Wouldn't those records be helpful to someone who wants to buy that car? Or do they really think that their so-called "inspection" is enough to satisfy a potential buyer? Yeah, like I'm really going to buy a turbocharged car if I don't know whether the owner changed the oil on schedule. What a load of shit. If I owned a dealership, I would penalize people if they wanted to trade in a car without service records.

Last edited by Homeslice; 06-11-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote