Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #30
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

http://www.dailynewsengine.com/2398/...t-about-wives/

Quote:
Bachmann further comments her statement about wives
Posted by Kayla Phantom On Sunday, August 14th 2011 in Politics

On Sunday, Rep. Michele Bachmann was present on "Face the Nation" and said that she stood by the statement she made on Thursday at the Republican debate where she explained that wives should be submissive to their husbands. She added that she simply meant that married couples should show mutual respect.

In 2006 her husband asked her to get a post-doctorate degree in tax law. At that time Bachmann said: "Tax law? I hate taxes. Why should I go into something like that? But the lord says, be submissive. Wives, you are to be submissive to your husbands.'"

CBS News' Norah O'Donnell asked Bachmann to further comment on her statement from that time. The woman once again affirmed that to her "submission means respect, mutual respect. I respect my husband, he respects me," she added. "We have been married 33 years, we have a great marriage...and respecting each other, listening to each other is what that means."

O’Donnell asked Bachmann whether she would be able to use a different word instead of submissive. "You know, I guess it depends on what word people are used to, but respect is really what it means," Bachmann answered her question. When asked whether submissive meant subservient, the woman replied: "Not to us. To us it means respect. We respect each other, we listen to each other, we love each other and that is what it means."

Bachmann also answered to a question about her job report replying: "Well, I am a job creator. I am a former tax attorney and I have a post-doctorate degree in tax, years in federal tax court."