Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n
Default For those of you who don't think kids have changed...

.... you're wrong.

I've lived in the same rental townhouse for what will be 40 years, in September. Moved there with my family when I was a kid and just held on.

When I was a kid we would throw the Frisbee or play soccer in the courtyard. If we hit a window, not broke it mind you but just hit it, we scattered. We knew that we had done something wrong.

The neighbourhood kids still play soccer in the courtyard, until as late as 11:00pm. Unfortunately my patio seems to be the western goal. All through the long weekend they were kicking the ball onto my patio, into my lawn furniture, my shed, my wall and windows...

The last straw was when they started fighting over the ball in my back yard not once, but over and over again. I finally went out there and yelled at them to get out, then to pick up all of the plastic drink bottles that they had tossed around the back yard. I also told them that if the ball hit my stuff one more time then I was going to take it, and they could tell their parents where to come and get it.

I never thought that I would become the, "GET OFF MY LAWN!" guy, but it's obvious that the parents of these kids haven't taught them well. At the very least they haven't taught them the fear of adults. Yes, things have actually changed.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote