Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #29
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Not really running, but that's pretty much where I am right now.
I walk twice a day with the dog, try to make her jog with me a little (with varying success).
I'm trying to keep myself in a routine of pushups and situps/crunches every day.
And, of course, one or two mountain bike rides a week as time & motivation allows.
As I drop weight running seems a little more possible, but I'm still not sure I really *want* to.
If you cant run biking is pretty decent. Try to focus more on duration and physical exertion more than distance. The longer you can go with a higher heart rate the better. You will be able to run easier once you are able to build up your cardiac endurance.

Also instead of just focusing on pushup and sit ups where you are only working one side of your body worth of muscles, you need to pull weight with your arms to exercise your biceps and back, and do dead lifts to strengthen your core (lower back). Squats with or without weights (where your ass almost touches your heels) will also work out most of the useable muscles in your legs.

Doing pushups and sit ups only work out your triceps, stomach and part of your shoulders. Your chest, back, bicepts and forearms are completely left out.

A good and easy 'pull' exercise is to tie a rope around a tree limb (preferably with a ring, loop or some kind of handhold on the end) and lean back pulling your weight up with your upper body. The closer to level your body is the more physical exertion you will need. The great part about this is you adjust the level of intensity with your own body weight and how much you lean back. .