Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Well damn thats a huge transformation.

I've been going to the gym 3x a week, plus a modified version of crossfit 3x a week. Mon Wed Fri I do the modified crossfit, basically crossfit without the weights and more running. Then Tu Th and Sat I lift weights. I haven't made the progress that Josh has made, but I have seen a difference in my body.

For running I wear the reebok realflex shoes. I've probably got 200 miles on them now and they are great. Its like a minimalist shoe with extra padding on the sole. When I first bought them I made it a point to strike with the balls of my feet. I had a ton of pain in my shins, and read that it was because you use different set of muscles. I started to stand on a curb with my heels and lift my body by lifting my toes and rotating over the heels. After 2 weeks of doing that the pain went away. I am noticing that I have less knee and hip pain than I used to have with traditional running shoes.
Awesome man! There seems to be a big trend now going on of people taking responsiblity for their health and getting out to do something about it. It'd be a really nice reverse in the laziness trend if its happening. I wear the Nike Frees or Five Fingers when I run, you're right, its hard at first!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
If you aren't flexing in the last pic (especially your neck), then HOLY SHIT! You are one vascular fucker.
Hahaha, I'm basically flexing my abs some in the last pic, like a half-flex. If I want to go crazy vascular I put my hands together and flex my arms and shoulders for a few seconds and everything pops out. My arms stay pretty vascular like that during the warm months. My son started laughing while we were getting groceries the other day and I asked him what's up. He said a kid was watching me pick up a bag of chickens, looked at my arm with all the veins popping out, got real big in the eyes and ran off.

I never had a single visible vein anywhere before I started Jiu Jitsu. After about 6 months new ones started popping up every day. Funny thing is, I'm still a small, skinny fuck, just really lean now. Beach body is 90% getting your diet dialed in right.

Great advice Turbo! Thanks man. I definitely have aches and pains in my shoulders, especially the right one, that weren't there before. Between the shoulder-submissions, weight lifting, and being a side-sleeper something is going to have to give.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote