Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Had a similar experience, years back, when I was a witness for the Crown in a case about a guy who resold stolen computers through his store. I was subpoenaed something like 4 times, before it finally went to trial. The idiot went through 6 lawyers. When he finally went to trial he plead guilty then asked that the judge set aside the verdict as having a criminal record would stop him from taking trips to the US, to make purchases, creating a hardship for himself and his family.

I'll try to paraphrase the judge's summation as best I can.

"Had you been truly repentant you would not have dragged this out for the past 2 years, thereby disrupting the lives of the witnesses. That this creates a hardship for you was your own doing.

Three years."
LOL

Mine was the wife of the defendent. The DA started asking her all these questions about if she ever called the dealer and ordered drugs and then got very specific with her questions, you could tell she wanted the jury to pay attention to these very very specific details she was asking for from the wife. Then when the wife wouldn't admit to them, the DA went "PLAY THE TAPE!" And it was a recording of the wife talking to the dealer giving him these very specific details that she just asked. She did that about 3 times and each time the wife lied and then got fucking cold cocked with a tape recording of herself. It was hilarious.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote