Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Bad 48 hours...

Man, it's been a shitty 2 days. Yesterday morning on our weekly conference call, my DM resigned his position. He was the best boss I've ever had, and the person who believed in me enough to make me GM at 24. A tough blow, especially since our old asshat of a DM is coming back to babysit us until the company finds a new one. He told us he would be in town today to say goodbye to the managers and explain on a 1 on 1 basis.

I get a nice ride on the Duc in to see him since today was my day off and headed into the store we were all meeting at. He pulls me into the back room to what I thought was going to be a nice chat about him plus a few questions about my backed up vacation and PTO time. Nope. He has a packet of papers that he hands to me explaining that effective February 1, my location will be liquidated and closed, and unless I move to a different location for a lesser rank and pay, I will be out of a job.

Of course the company will be paying me a retention bonus of about 3 grand in a lump check on Feb 1, and as long as I leave the company, they will pay me the value of my 90 some hours of vaca time. They won't however pay me the value of my 70 some hours of PTO, so I guess I will be taking a nice break in January before I leave.

I'm not quite sure what to think. I'm kinda shocked actually. I had heard the lease on my location would be up in the near future, but I never thought as fast as 8 weeks. Its in a struggling area, and before I was moved in to fix shit, it was losing money big time in theft, so I understand. Who knows.... Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I was wanting to move from retail management to the business world anyway, but not quite under these terms.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote