Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
My wife was ready to kill me when she found out I spent what I did! I still don't know if I convinced her I got a great deal for what I got.
She is riding my old Huffy Ironman I've had for nearly 20 years (and still works and looks great!) but, now she wants her own. Soooo, I think we'll be getting her a Huffy FSB from walmart. She doesn't need anything fancy. $100 is plenty to spend on her fickle desires. If she decides she wants to really get into it later then we'll pay up but, not now!

BTW, is that an old pic of you? You look much leaner in your avatar. No offense meant, just wondering.
Haha, we get that a lot. Husband comes in the shop looking and want to buy a bike but know the wife will kill them for buying the bike they "really" want.

Unfortunately....... no. That's actually a somewhat current photo, really early this year. It was like the very first Sunday that hit 60's up here. As you can tell by the still dormant trees. My avatar is from 2 summers ago at Indy Moto GP with my buddy Dave on the right. I have not played hockey in a year and a half and it has really caught up with me (along with a really poor diet). In the Indy photo, I probably was floating about 275 being the off season. In the mountain biking picture I was probably a few pounds off of the heaviest I ever was, about 335. I joined the gym in February and really started getting back at it, both cardio and strength training. Between working at a bike shop and deciding to train for that sprint triathlon I've worked my way down a bit. I don't have a scale at home so I couldn't tell you exactly, but my shirts are fitting a lot looser, and I am down a pant size. It really should start accelerating because not only have I upped the training, but I changed my diet into "training mode". But no offense taken at all, I know where I stand.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote