Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Unhappy So I wonder how much the ticket was.....

Just a little while ago, I was heading to an appointment. I was on Dunn Ave (a main thoroughfare on this side of town) in this spot where there’s two traffic lights literally about 3 car lengths apart.

I’m in the middle lane, and next to me is an FHP cruiser. In front of the cruiser is a guy in a white Mustang. The light turns yellowish and the Mustang (as well as the car in front of me) slam on the brakes (obviously not wanting to run a red in front of the cop). Well the cop apparently got a call or something, because after a few seconds, his siren and lights start going, and he’s trying to get around the Mustang… but he can’t! So he’s blaring his siren, trying to alert the guy in front of him to move – but the guy won’t move!! He’s throwing his hands up in the air at the COP (mind you, there’s a driveway right there that he can make a right into, it’s clear, and there’s no “no right turn on red” signage, so there was nothing preventing him from doing so).

The cop tries again to get the guy to move, and the guy continues to throw his hands up in the air at the cop. At this point the cop gets out of the car (and you can tell he’s pissed) and starts to walk up to the driver’s side of the Mustang, but then the light turns green, so the guy finally gets a clue and turns right into the driveway. At this point, I guess the cop gives up on whoever he was INTENDING to go after, and pulls up behind the guy in the Mustang in the driveway. He got out of the car and just SLAMMED that door shut… this guy was pissed. By this point, the car in front of me moved however, so I had to drive on…. I so wanted to see what happened from there.

I mean what the hell kind of JACKASS doesn’t move for a cop with lights and sirens going in the first place… but then to throw your hands up in the air as if he’s bothering you? Um, hello, why not just put a sign on your back window saying “I’m a dumbass, please pull me over!”

So I wonder – what IS the fine for blocking a cop from responding to a call? And on a serious note, what this guy wasn’t apparently thinking about was what if it was HIS wife, or his child involved in an accident or something that this cop was trying to respond to?
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote