Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
havent you taken a history class it clearly states it in the Constitution about separation of church and state.

The founding fathers originaly came over to escape Religous persecution so they would have the right to chose their own religion. Politicians cant and shouldnt cram religion down your throat.

and there is always debates about that too.
Whoa there! There is nothing in the Constitution that specifically guarantees the separation of church and state. I've read it. Google it and read it for yourself,don't repeat some other person's interpretation. The Constitution forbids the creation of a state run/sponsored religion. Pull a dollar out of your pocket and read it. I swore to God to protect this country and uphold the Constitution when I joined the Army. There isn't a separation of church and state in this country,period. Oh here...Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

In fact,it's my opinion that religion will become a LARGER part of the government in the future. A very large percentage of people who were apathetic towards religion were brought back on board after 9/11 and many Americans consider the war in Iraq/Afganistan to be a theological war already. Really look at Obama,half of his campaign problems/ issues revolved around religion. This country was created in religious beliefs,good luck rooting that out.

Militant atheists always crack me up as much as religious fanatics. Both groups are always going on about infringements on their right to worship/not worship when most of us don't give a fuck! It's not good enough that we don't try to force them to go to church or not. We have to eliminate all traces of God/religion from coming into contact with them! It just kills me!!!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 09-04-2008 at 06:14 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote