Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #19
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Fuck those TV news cameramen.

Seriously though, none of what you guys are saying phases any telemarketer that's been doing it for more than a week. Everyone thinks they're so clever with how they handle a call... in reality, we've already talked to 200 people in the last week that did/said the same exact thing. It's like in Super Troopers when Farva puts the soap in Rabbit's coffee, "heh heh, I got you good you fucker!"

The truth is... if you REALLY want to fuck with a telemarketer... act interested. There is nothing worse when you're on the phones than some jackass who listens to the whole presentation, asks a ton of questions, but then at the end says, "You know, you're a real good sales person, but I'm just not interested... please take my name off your call list." I've literally seen reps head's explode...

Telemarketing is a time/efficiency based job. The longer a rep is on a call and not getting a sale, the less opportunity they have to make money. Waste their time = Take their money. Hell, we design scripting to get objections and early hang ups as soon as possible so we can weed out non-buyers as efficiently as possible.
ok, so why do those motherfuckers continue to try and get me to buy their shit? if its a guy, i immediatly tell them "no matter what u say, im not interested" then they go into it anyway, and thats when i start 2fuck around, and theyll stay on the phone for 5mins, and in the end they get nothing, which is what i told him to begin with.

if its a chick i pretend to be interested and hit on her lol-get a fun convo sometimes, but usually they arent in the same state even. cept once. talked my way into a date without buyin stuff, sounded hot, and of course she was not. still makes for a gd story lol