Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrah Arrah View Post
Oh I'm sorry that their marketing is aimed towards black people. What was I thinking?

I guess their marketing departments are RACIST!
In all seriousness my friend. I understand that you and your compatriots are the result of your backwards upbringings and I filter EVERYTHING you say though that prism. So no,I don't get mad. The only time that I have even gotten slightly upset is when a racial slur was directed towards me by someone whom I respected and considered an "e-friend" anyway...

In general, most "hip hop" style marketing is focused towards young suburban Caucasians and not their black counterparts. There are frankly more of them,they have immense amounts of liquid capital,and they are quick to jump on ANY cultural bandwagon that comes along. Most people that listen to country music have never seen a horse in person. Most people that listen to rap/hip hop have never lived in the "hood" or have even seen a crack rock. Remember the huge "Latino" phase that went around a few years ago? The reality is that the average suburban white teenager has more liquid capital than most adult black men. This particular marketing firm is trying to give Old Spice a face lift and is shooting for the "young hip male". BTW the only color marketing companies care about is GREEN!!! Trust me there aren't marketing meetings going on about how to get that 20% of the population that controls 2% of the county's wealth to buy Old Spice!!!

The bottom line is black culture sells products! From music to shoes and from liquor to clothing lines. I know that drives you all crazy at your clan meetings but it's been going this way since the 50's,you may as well get used to it!