Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Switch
dadbod

Default Who Is Your Daddy and What Does He Do?

I'm starting this thread to see what everyone does.

Explain what you do and where you work if you can.

Pics are a plus.

So I am a Systems Engineer for a "Test-Lab." We do proof-of-concept stuff for a government agency. Right now I am working on a 64-node something (I say something because I can't say what it is).

Here is a pic of my "desk".

I used to have a Stoner poster up that I got at Indy (you can see it in the bottom left of the pic) but they asked me to take it down. Poop.

This is my cool whiteboard... I put stuff on it:

This is someone else's whiteboard that I drew a JAWESOME Shark on. Someone had written "Everyone in here is _____", so I filled in the blank and drew the shark. Then someone else came and drew a dog with a nutsack on his head or something:

This is the button I push if my coworker is being killed by one of our 16 50-Amp Circuits (I took this pic mainly for Trippy-poo).

This is the Datacenter, albeit small. The black racks are for blades and the grey racks are our EMC SANs.

Here are two racks with 4 chassis and 32 blades with a combined total of 128 Processors, 512 Cores, 1 TB of RAM and 1,638.4 GHz of computing power. I dunno if there is such a thing as THz, but it would be 1.6 THz if there were. Oh yeah, there are two more racks to my back, so just double all those numbers for a good picture of whats goin on.

This is the back of a rack with 2 Chasses in it. I cabled this and I like clean cabling (and zip-ties).

This is the inside of a blade. 4-Quad Core Pentium Xeon Processors @ 3.2GHz each core. 32 GB of RAM and a Dual Channel Fiber HBA to boot from SAN and map storage to the blade from the SAN.

Last edited by Switch; 10-09-2008 at 08:35 PM..
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote