Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #91
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
What more reason do you need? No way I could live with that thumper though!
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i know you were, just didnt quite equal out to the f's abilities
yeah... I just meant I've kinda moved on from that type of riding... though I still like the 1125r.. be a good sport tourer if they got all the first year issues fixed... sucks they went down...

if Harley didn't treat them like a read headed stepchild... they'd have sold more... IMO
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #92
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

[QUOTE=Antwanny;279985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
You found a great deal. Current MSRP (US Dollars):

1125R $12,499
XB12R $10,299
GSXR1000 $12,899
ZX10R $11,799

I can get a brand new 1125r with FULL FAIRING (yes it looks sweet) for about 10,000 not including tax. numbers can be massaged either direction.

Never hated a bike but i did not like the 1125cr
anyone can now... but that's paying about 4,000 over what everyone else is now
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #93
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15

anyone can now... but that's paying about 4,000 over what everyone else is now
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #94
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

ugh- full fairings on the 1125R. Disgusting!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #95
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
Triumph Speed Triple ......no steering damper, felt wobbly - upright position beats you to death - supension way too soft - power was disappointing.

NO NO NO!!! I love Triumphs so the bike MUST be great! You are just an asshole that didn't know how to ride the bike correctly!!!! It never ceases to amaze me when someone can be so in love with a brand that they can't/won't see it's short comings. I have done it myself. I loved my V-Max and I would defend it to the end against my friends that owned CBR900RRs, which was the bike to own at the time. Eventually, I had to admit and realize that although it was a cool bike, it could not compete with crotch rockets on their turf.

Buell came on the scene claiming that he had built a better sport bike...I'm sorry but that was not the case and in my opinion, was never the case. Sure if you traded in a 600 for a new 1125R, you may be happy but I couldn't imagine dropping my 1000 for one. Almost everyone I know that owns a Buell and that is satisfied, used to ride a 600 or some cruiser. I have never met a guy that traded in a liter bike on a Buell.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #96
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

You're confused.

Buells appeal to people who don't give a shit about being the fastest, or riding the fastest bike.

I don't care if nobody else likes them. I actually prefer it.

But, I just know for a fact that the majority of people who talk shit about them have never really ridden one.

I came from a 600. I hated my bike when I first bought it. Then I got "it". It appeals to me because of its powerband, not in spite of it. I don't want something that makes top end power.

I could have bought a busa, or gixxer 1000. I wanted a buell. There was no brain washing. I made an informed decision based on a number of reasons.

I know it doesn't spec out as good as an equivalent race bike. And I'm fine with that.

I just hate to hear, "its a pos.". When I know it isn't. It keeps up with much faster bikes in the twisties. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm riding a slow bike fast. I should be left in the dust according to spec sheets.

But in real life, its more than capable. Its more than the sum of its parts.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #97
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
You're confused.

Buells appeal to people who don't give a shit about being the fastest, or riding the fastest bike.

I don't care if nobody else likes them. I actually prefer it.

But, I just know for a fact that the majority of people who talk shit about them have never really ridden one.

I came from a 600. I hated my bike when I first bought it. Then I got "it". It appeals to me because of its powerband, not in spite of it. I don't want something that makes top end power.

I could have bought a busa, or gixxer 1000. I wanted a buell. There was no brain washing. I made an informed decision based on a number of reasons.

I know it doesn't spec out as good as an equivalent race bike. And I'm fine with that.

I just hate to hear, "its a pos.". When I know it isn't. It keeps up with much faster bikes in the twisties. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm riding a slow bike fast. I should be left in the dust according to spec sheets.

But in real life, its more than capable. Its more than the sum of its parts.
I'm not confused about anything. Look over Buells ad campaigns and hype when they FIRST CAME OUT. He squarely claimed that, "fuel in the frame, under slung exhaust, oil in the swing arm and ZTL brakes" were far superior to what the Japanese were offering. They later stepped away from that stance when it became obvious that it wasn't true. I'm not talking about your bike or the new 1125R, I'm talking about the first generation and baby they were fucking pieces of shit, I don't care who you are!!!

As far as your "bike" keeping up, maybe you are a better rider than your friends... who knows? I know guys that can take a Ninja 250 to the Gap and clean your fucking clock on your Buell! Does that mean that the Ninja 250 is a better bike? Of course not.

Every time this subject comes up, one of you guys jump up and accuse the person "bashing" Buell of not riding one. Well I have ridden the older ones and they sucked!!! I have not ridden one of the new bikes, so I don't claim to be an expert. How many GSXR1000s have you ridden and for how long? I've owned a liter class sport bike since 1994, longer if you count the '86 Ninja 1000 I rode for over a year (Army buddy's bike).

This thread was started with the question, "what was the worst bike you've ever ridden?", for me that's a Buell. If he had asked what the worst bike owned was, I'd have to say my AMF/Harley Sportster. I had it for about 6 months and it spent 3 of those months in Barnett HD's service dept. Hell, I spent more time on my bud's Kawasaki than I did on my bike!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #98
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

2000 something Harley Custom. Pretty bike but damn... Of course, reach was a huge problem for me! Couldn't reach the controls with my feet... every time I had to slow down or stop I had to scooch up onto the tank
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #99
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Yeesh!
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #100
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm not confused about anything. Look over Buells ad campaigns and hype when they FIRST CAME OUT. He squarely claimed that, "fuel in the frame, under slung exhaust, oil in the swing arm and ZTL brakes" were far superior to what the Japanese were offering. They later stepped away from that stance when it became obvious that it wasn't true. I'm not talking about your bike or the new 1125R, I'm talking about the first generation and baby they were fucking pieces of shit, I don't care who you are!!!
FYI, the first generation Buell's were steel framed.

There was no oil in the swing-arm, fuel in frame or ZTL brakes.

If a Buell is the worst bike you've ever ridden then your resume isn't as diverse as I thought it was. If you said over-hyped or disappointing I would understand.