Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #101
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
No, we think it's hilarious the only way they can compete is to race against engines much smaller than their own. It's fucking hilarious at the complete and utter incompetence of their engineering department that they can't make an engine that large to compete on the same level as other people operating twins in that displacement range.
The difference is it was never designed to be a race engine, but a street engine. Do you think Harley designed the engine? I think Rotax did, and I think they know how to design an engine and aren't incompetent.

Besides, that's not what the class is anymore.

Last edited by Rsv1000R; 05-13-2009 at 02:52 PM..
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #102
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
No, we think it's hilarious the only way they can compete is to race against engines much smaller than their own. It's fucking hilarious at the complete and utter incompetence of their engineering department that they can't make an engine that large to compete on the same level as other people operating twins in that displacement range.
Yep pretty much.

He11 Suzuki should be able to bring their 750's the way it is now.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #103
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

I think I4's were limited to 800cc(?) if so, then yeah they should.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #104
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
I think I4's were limited to 800cc(?) if so, then yeah they should.

RIGHT.... I couldn't even imagine the shit that would be thrown if Yoshimura Suzuki brought the GSXR750 into that class. Hell, they should have T. Hayden ride the 750, it would mark the end of Buell or anyone else winning a race in that class. EVER.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #105
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
RIGHT.... I couldn't even imagine the shit that would be thrown if Yoshimura Suzuki brought the GSXR750 into that class. Hell, they should have T. Hayden ride the 750, it would mark the end of Buell or anyone else winning a race in that class. EVER.
Werd!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #106
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
You are forgetting that it's now a weight handicapped series, and if the 750's show up with a hp advantage and start cleaning up they'll get weight added, just like Buell did....
Old 05-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #107
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
You are forgetting that it's now a weight handicapped series, and if the 750's show up with a hp advantage and start cleaning up they'll get weight added, just like Buell did....
Dude, they added 15 lbs to the Buell... if they just have to manufacture a class for Buell to be competitive, they should make a power to weight rule. If they added a wapping 15 lbs the the GSXR750, it would still clean the Buell's clock. It's just that simple. Besides, using the fact that the bike wasn't designed for racing as an excuse is pathetic. I mean really, maybe they shouldn't race it then? I still think that Suzuki should get Yosh to field an SV1000 or something similar... Heck, maybe BMW should say fuck the WSBK and come race a bike here in the 600cc class. I still want an explanation as to why the Aprillia is kicking ass in this class and where is Ducati? Man, I'd definitely have a built 999r out there if I were them.... Hmmmm, maybe they have more class and a sense of honor and fair play despite the rules?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #108
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Dude, they added 15 lbs to the Buell... if they just have to manufacture a class for Buell to be competitive, they should make a power to weight rule. If they added a wapping 15 lbs the the GSXR750, it would still clean the Buell's clock. It's just that simple. Besides, using the fact that the bike wasn't designed for racing as an excuse is pathetic. I mean really, maybe they shouldn't race it then? I still think that Suzuki should get Yosh to field an SV1000 or something similar... Heck, maybe BMW should say fuck the WSBK and come race a bike here in the 600cc class. I still want an explanation as to why the Aprillia is kicking ass in this class and where is Ducati? Man, I'd definitely have a built 999r out there if I were them.... Hmmmm, maybe they have more class and a sense of honor and fair play despite the rules?
hp2 sport is directly mentioned in the rules
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #109
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I'm guessing Leno was like "thanks for the Gixxer, but uh.....I'm just gonna donate it cuz I've already got 500 bikes and I'm not into mainstreamers"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #110
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
If the SV1000 is legal (which I think it would be) I'm all for Yosh fielding one.

I'm sorry the concept of a open class that accepts different styles of bikes is so hard for everyone to accept. It isn't a 600 class anymore, but it is a class the existing 600's fit into. Yes there are a range of displacements based on engine configuration and factory performance level, and yes they will get handicapped based on how well they do. I think it'll provide better racing, and better bikes from the companies that participate for us.

And yes you could regulate them based on power to weight, and that may be what they're doing as they try to make a fair class. But a bike with 100hp and 100#' of torque isn't the same as one with 100hp 55#' of torque engine. That's probably about where the season started at, and the Buells were cleaning up.