Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I prefer to ride naked.

Oh wait we're talking about Riding Motorcycles?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Shit. I like to put on my robe and wizard hat.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #13
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra
Thumbs up

I like to ride. I don't care if its down to bike night for an evening of bs'in with buddies and a few beers. Or out for a day trip that ends back at home. I really like the long rides, the ones that take me out for several day where its just me the bike and the open road, and to share the experience with a bud makes it that much more fun.
The trip Gas and I made last summer around Lake Michigan was great. We got to hammer down some miles and rough it, camping off the back of the bikes. Cooked over a camp fire in full leathers in 35° temps at 10 o'clock at night. Rollin over the Might Mac (Macinaw Bridge for you non Michiganders). And cruisin through small towns and stoppin at the local bar for a great local feast.
I hope to make at least one of the rallies this year to meet some of the peeps that I read thoughts and ideas from on here.
But most of all I like making my bike just that, MY BIKE. I like customizing the parts on there and adding this or that to make the experience that much better. I don't think that the majority of the riders nowadays understand the real connection that can be shared to a motorcycle when you put some sweat, time and frustration into it. If you haven't been wrenchin on the bike for one thing or another, be it an oil change or completely rewiring the front fairing for HiDs and losing your mind cause something isn't quite right, you are missing something there that really makes your ride special to you.
Having owned a few rides now two metrics and now my HD, and riden a sport bike(co-workers GSXR 1K) I have an appreciation for all types of riders, and would be glad to ride with just about any of them. If you ride like an asshole, I am good with that, as I can get pretty stupid too. I just will make sure I have plenty of space between myself and said asshole to make sure that they wont affect me.
Riding side by side doesn't bother me as long as I have riden with you a couple of times to get a feel for your style. I am very adaptive and can pretty much accomodate a lot of different styles.
But overall, the worse day on two wheels will ALWAYS be better than the best day on four.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Nice leisurely cruise on long sweepers.

But I am looking forward to working on my dirt riding skills this coming summer
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Mostly just like to wander around when not commuting. Since there are no twisties here, going double the speed limit occasionally eases the stress of life.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #16
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

over the many years that I've been riding, I've done dirt bikes, sport bikes, cruisers, tour bikes, 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers.

I have yet to find something with a hand clutch and foot shift that I don't truly enjoy.

even the most boring slow paced event you could go to ends up having at least a few highpoints in it.

my faorite would be split between traveling on the bike to places I've never been, and on those days when you need to vent, you grab the bars of something that is meant for dirt. no speed limits, no rules per say, no regrets. give her hell for a few hours.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #17
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Balls deep... that's my riding style...

I prefer riding at about 75% and under in the twisties... cruising speed up to about 85MPH... Random opening 'er up on deserted straight aways... Destination based riding with and without an agenda... and just going out and getting lost as fuck. Dawn till dusk, only stopping for gas, food, and to piss... all three each stop.

I despise bike nights... sitting around next to your bike is just a waste of time IMHO... I ride to RIDE, not to socialize... that's good for after the ride.

I feel comfortable riding with my old man, my uncles, etc... they take a nice leisurely pace and are all quite competent riders (with hundreds of thousands of miles under their belts)... Sport riding, I find it hard to find people to ride with... Drewpy is my top choice because (at the time) our skills were quite even and our willingness to take chances was on even keel as well. There was another guy, EagleriderDRZ who I liked riding with in Ohio, but I only ever rode with him a couple of times...
I approve of this message

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #18
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

At least 120%...no gear.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #19
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote: