Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #11
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
Better yet... the iPhone Shuffle.
Drunk dialing made easy.

JC
Old 04-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Verizons version will be the regular iPhone with all the features disabled. You'll have to upgrade your plan to get the touchscreen to work, 6the only way to get pictures or whatever else is on the phone off of it will be through the use of Verizon specific software and hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Verizons version will be the regular iPhone with all the features disabled. You'll have to upgrade your plan to get the touchscreen to work, 6the only way to get pictures or whatever else is on the phone off of it will be through the use of Verizon specific software and hardware.
Verizon has actually finally started listening to people about getting hands off with this. The blackberry storm's OS is the same as other euro networks OS. It's fully featured and allows a lot more than a lot of their older phones. I think they are finally moving in the direction of more unlocked phones hopefully. I think the iphone mistake finally made them realize how freakin retarded it was too lose that many customers because they wanted to lock up their phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #14
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Iphone shuffle is already made. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwnsQpcNvpE
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #15
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Verizon has actually finally started listening to people about getting hands off with this. The blackberry storm's OS is the same as other euro networks OS. It's fully featured and allows a lot more than a lot of their older phones. I think they are finally moving in the direction of more unlocked phones hopefully. I think the iphone mistake finally made them realize how freakin retarded it was too lose that many customers because they wanted to lock up their phones.
im kinda hoping that a second gen storm pops up with a wifi card by the time im ready to pull the trigger on one

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...iCNQI&refer=us

Verizon Said to Be in Talks With Microsoft for Rival to IPhone
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Amy Thomson and Dina Bass

April 29 (Bloomberg) -- Verizon Wireless, the biggest U.S. mobile-phone company, has held talks with Microsoft Corp. about offering a handset that may include the Zune music-player software, a person familiar with the matter said.

The phone may be introduced next year, said the person, who declined to be identified because the talks are in the early stages. Verizon is also talking with Apple Inc. about selling a version of the iPhone, potentially giving the carrier access to the best-selling consumer handset, the person said yesterday.

Apple and Microsoft, which already compete in operating systems for personal computers, are jockeying for partners that can help them sell more wireless devices and software. Verizon and AT&T Inc. are fighting to offer the latest handsets, which help boost revenue from data services such as video and music downloads.

Brenda Raney, a spokeswoman for Basking Ridge, New Jersey- based Verizon Wireless, declined to comment. Greg Sullivan, group product manager in Microsoft’s mobile business, also declined to comment on any talks. Apple’s Natalie Kerris wouldn’t comment on any discussions with Verizon.

Microsoft, the world’s largest software maker, plans to put the Zune software on mobile phones from various manufacturers and carriers, Andy Lees, senior vice president of the company’s mobile business, said in February. The Redmond, Washington-based company isn’t building a Zune phone itself, he said at the time.

IPhone Competition

Lees said last month that Microsoft wants to work with handset makers and carriers to bring less expensive devices to market with features similar to those of the iPhone.

Microsoft is probably developing so-called reference designs, or guidelines to be followed by handset manufacturers, said Matt Rosoff, an analyst at Directions on Microsoft, a Kirkland, Washington-based research firm. That would let Microsoft play a role in designing the hardware and software -- helping it match features such as the iPhone’s touch screen, he said.

Microsoft said in an e-mailed statement that its strategy hasn’t changed and that the company works with many mobile operators and handset makers.

A deal between Apple and Verizon would allow Apple to reach more customers in the U.S. and sign up people who don’t want to use AT&T service. AT&T has been the exclusive U.S. carrier for the iPhone since its debut in 2007.

Verizon isn’t planning an iPhone for its current network, which uses code-division multiple access technology, the person said. The standard isn’t widely used overseas, limiting its appeal for Apple. Verizon probably will offer the phone on networks using its new Long-Term Evolution standard, which offers faster data speeds, according to UBS AG analyst John Hodulik in New York.

Cook Meeting

Verizon Wireless Chief Executive Officer Lowell McAdam met face-to-face with Apple Operating Chief Tim Cook about a month ago to discuss a Verizon-powered iPhone, the person said. There have been no further talks since the two met, and no firm plans for a phone are in place, the person said.

Cook said last week that Apple is “very happy” with AT&T, and that Verizon’s older CDMA network “doesn’t really have a life to it after a point in time.”

Cook, filling in while Apple CEO Steve Jobs is on medical leave, didn’t respond to an e-mail seeking comment, and Kerris said he wasn’t available for an interview.

“We are thrilled with the iPhone and delighted with the partnership,” said Mark Siegel, an AT&T spokesman. He declined to comment on any phone being offered by Verizon, calling it speculation.

Verizon Communications Inc., which co-owns Verizon Wireless with Vodafone Group Plc, rose 42 cents to $30.96 yesterday in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. Apple, based in Cupertino, California, dropped 83 cents to $123.90 on the Nasdaq Stock Market. Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft declined 47 cents to $19.93.

ive also heard rumors of a sony PSP-phone which could wildly swing my decisions if true
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 04-29-2009 at 04:20 AM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:49 AM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Well as you all know, the PSP already makes phone calls through Skype. If the new PSP-3000 had been blue tooth and been touchscreen, I'd have bought it even though I just got the GoW PSP-2000 last year.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:20 AM   #17
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I've been reading rumors that the Apple/Verizon project will be an Apple Netbook with some of the touch screen stuff built in and internet access coming through Verizon's network, rather than a reinvisioned iPhone.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well as you all know, the PSP already makes phone calls through Skype. If the new PSP-3000 had been blue tooth and been touchscreen, I'd have bought it even though I just got the GoW PSP-2000 last year.
right now, they are saying either 4000 or psp2 will be out before christmas this year with a bigass slide open touch screen and dual analogs. already put my girl on notice for christmas my old 1001 has been a workhorse but its about time to move on up im hoping this years E3 sheds a little more light on sony's plans
TWF Post whore #6
Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #19
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
right now, they are saying either 4000 or psp2 will be out before christmas this year with a bigass slide open touch screen and dual analogs. already put my girl on notice for christmas my old 1001 has been a workhorse but its about time to move on up
I too have the old 1001... not sure if I'll go and get the new one right away when it comes out or wait a bit for the bugs to be worked out.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #20
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

just a third party concept but if it looks anything like this im all over it

TWF Post whore #6