Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #31
ducati_atx
Yuppie Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
In all seriousness. What will you ever do with that thing besides show it off at the range?
My guess:

the showing off doesnt end at the range... it always contines online where people take pics and say "look where I got." Usually posting the same "look at me" post in several differnt forum-based websites.

Im sure if we wait a couple more weeks "z06boy ar-15" will be indexed into google to include those shots.

Last edited by ducati_atx; 12-09-2008 at 08:31 PM..
ducati_atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #32
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
my RRA was $165+ T's 2 weeks ago, at the gun show. selling like hot cakes!
I've been too busy to go check out any gun shows (I think one came through here a few weeks back, but I didn't learn of it until after the fact.)
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #33
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati_atx View Post
My guess:

the showing off doesnt end at the range... it always contines online where people take pics and say "look where I got." Usually posting the same "look at me" post in several differnt forum-based websites.

Im sure if we wait a couple more weeks "z06boy ar-15" will be indexed into google to include those shots.
You're pretty much a fucking dickhead. All you do is put people down on this forum. Shut the fuck up and get out if you don't like the people here.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #34
BICH
kiss my bich behind!

nice toy's
here's me!

Leon -Red--------------------------Harold -Blue

www.indulgencecaterers.com
BICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #35
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I bought an AR-15 kit in a group purchase. This was my first attempt to build one but it seemed to come out just fine. It really wasn't that hard...just several very small pins and springs that looked similar but weren't.

Before and after pics...

see, I'd need several cases of beer and duct tape to keep from yelling the F word every time one of those springs flew across the room and hitting the cat...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #36
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Nice!! Kudos to a for putting it together yourself! I now what ya mean, I like to do the same with my own toys. And those are so much fun to shoot!

FYI for a few of those that asked, it may just be a southern thing, but ever since Obama won the election, there is NO gun shop that can keep these guns in stock. And the prices have jumped at least a couple hundred bucks as well. I know its most likely overkill, but alot of people got very concerned about where things may go when he reaches office, and are stocking up on ammo and guns as fast as they come into the stores.

And I am sure they are also preparing for the zombie invasion!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #37
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati_atx View Post
My guess:

WTF are you talking about meathead ? I posted this because it is the first time I've ever attempted to put together something like this myself and yes I'm proud of the end result. Another member here prompted me to take on this task since we're both gun enthusiast and he loaned me some tools to make it go a little easier and I appreciate it quite a bit.

I've seen other gun related post here and knew that some here could appreciate it...same with a couple more bikes sites and a cage related site or two that I frequent.

On another note I served in the Marines and carried an M-16 for a few years and have wanted an AR but never ponied up the $$ to purchase one so by buying a kit in a group purchase I saved a few bucks and also actually learned something.

I also have worked in executive protection and been a personal driver for over 20 years for 3 different Chairman and CEO's of one of the largest corporations in the world and am used to being around people that enjoy this type stuff...sorry if you don't but you can go f*ck yourself with your response here.

To the rest of you that enjoyed the pic and can appreciate doing things yourself in an attempt to learn something...thanks for the positive comments.

To the others that don't like this type stuff and just skipped over the thread and kept your comments to yourself like I do when I see something I don't care about...thanks to you as well.

Happy Friday everyone.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #38
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
see, I'd need several cases of beer and duct tape to keep from yelling the F word every time one of those springs flew across the room and hitting the cat...
...oh there was a choice word or two and a spring did go flying toward my dog once and then I scared him by yelling at him not to pick it up and run with it like it was his toy !!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #39
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

what did the kit cost BTW?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #40
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Nice!! Kudos to a for putting it together yourself! I now what ya mean, I like to do the same with my own toys. And those are so much fun to shoot!

FYI for a few of those that asked, it may just be a southern thing, but ever since Obama won the election, there is NO gun shop that can keep these guns in stock. And the prices have jumped at least a couple hundred bucks as well. I know its most likely overkill, but alot of people got very concerned about where things may go when he reaches office, and are stocking up on ammo and guns as fast as they come into the stores.

And I am sure they are also preparing for the zombie invasion!
Thanks and I agree with the Obama buying frenzy...it's gotten crazy. I sometimes wonder if it's also fueled by some of the gun/ammo dealers that feed some of the fear to drive up their sales.

Like I mentioned in my above rant ...I've wanted one for awhile and saw a group purchase for the kit and it was right around election time so I guess I was guilty myself on the timing..."oh I better buy one now!"