Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #51
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
That was the same thing I thought when I read the acquired taste bit About the only thing i bother trying to learn to like is cheap coffee, since it's one of the few things that's still "complimentary" as often as not.

"What do you mean you don't like being kicked in the nuts? It's an acquired taste. Really! Here, try a few!"
Did you like the very first beer you ever had? I doubt it.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #52
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I just signed up for the BeerKnurd Club at the flying saucer (bar with hundreds of beer choices) because I wanted to branch out and learn what a "hoppy" beer is vs. a "malty" beer. Some I like some I don't. Definitely don't like the boring common beers as much now...bud, coors etc. Still love a good Yuengling though!

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #53
Rider
Moto GP Star

Ok here's the deal. 4 packs of Breakfast Stout are $10.50 plus shipping. How many do you want?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #54
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Ok here's the deal. 4 packs of Breakfast Stout are $10.50 plus shipping. How many do you want?
I think 2 packs would be good. Thanks!!! Others may think your "douchy" but you kick ass in my book.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #55
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I think 2 packs would be good. Thanks!!! Others may think your "douchy" but you kick ass in my book.
Thanks. I'm only douchy to people who are douchy first. I'll PM you when I find out the shipping costs.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #56
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I enjoy a nice hazey blonde beer from time to time.. Highly reccomend anything from this label. Their stout, IPA, and white are great. Even their lager wasn't too bad, for a lager.

Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I don't consider my appreciation for micro brews to be an elitist thing.
I've had my share of bulk beer and now simply choose beers with more distinct, less "common denominator" type flavors. (notice, I didn't say 'lowest')
If you can't taste the difference, or it simply doesn't matter enough for you to spend a little more on them, that's your choice.
Quote:
Plus I think that people that have never had a micro brew are unaware that large difference in flavors you can obtain with just a change here and there.

Once you make your own beer and get familiar with the brewing process, you tend to experiment a little to get that perfect recipe that you love.
See but you fucks are ruining beer for the rest of us. Beer is an unelitist drink for the common person. Yet some fucks got bored with their gay ass wine tasting and started doing it to beer. Go back to your fucking grapes and let us down our brews at the bar without you fucks arguing about the hoppiness of a beer.

Now I will give you brewing a beer for a certain taste is a different aspect. Sure if you want to talk about brewing a good beer. You are allowed that. A great brewmaster at work is like Michelangelo painting the Sistine chapel. If you aren't a brewer, fuck off.

If you want to be a stupid fuck in the bar acting like beer is wine, we are going to haze the ever fucking living shit out of you.

Sincerely the beer world, fuck you wine-o's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #58
Rider
Moto GP Star

Brewing ids a hobby to some people. There is nothing elitest about it. You keep using that term and I have no idea why. Just because you choose to drink shit beer everyone does? Now that you own a BMW everyone should ride a BMW? It's not all about YOUR opinion.

Discussions about beer happen because we have the same interest in it. Nobody is forcing you to drink premium beer and I won't make fun of you because of it. Like I said before, beer is an acquired taste for everyone. Most people however drink cheap beer because it is less flavorful and takes less time getting used to. Hell you've seen me post pics of me doing beer bongs. You think I do that with the expensive shit? Hell no. When I want to get fucked up I don't care what the beer tastes like.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #59
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
If theres any left I will be game for some, also LMK id theres anything out this way you guys may be interested in.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #60
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Brewing ids a hobby to some people. There is nothing elitest about it. You keep using that term and I have no idea why. Just because you choose to drink shit beer everyone does? Now that you own a BMW everyone should ride a BMW? It's not all about YOUR opinion.

Discussions about beer happen because we have the same interest in it. Nobody is forcing you to drink premium beer and I won't make fun of you because of it. Like I said before, beer is an acquired taste for everyone. Most people however drink cheap beer because it is less flavorful and takes less time getting used to. Hell you've seen me post pics of me doing beer bongs. You think I do that with the expensive shit? Hell no. When I want to get fucked up I don't care what the beer tastes like.
I never said brewing was elitist and said it was fine to discuss brewing it if you actually did do that. I am making fun of the people who sit around and discuss a beer as if it were a wine. If you want to brew a beer and get a certain taste in it, sure talking about it is required. If you are some douche with no intention to ever of brewing and start using "in the know" terms to make you sound like a sophisticated beer drinker, I am going to continue to blast the ever living shit out of you.

I don't drink cheap beer since college. When I drink beer, it is mostly micro brew. I still feel the way I do about it. Most "Piss" beer is as carefully brewed to give that taste and the recipe is as cared for more closely than 90% of the micro brews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote