droid 15 50.00%
tater's whore of an ex wife 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #71
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

1) inferiority complex
no, I would of probably tried out an iphone if it was available on verizon to see if it was ATT or the phone that has problems with dropping calls

2) jealousy that Apple gets a lot of media attention
really? Who gives a shit about the media? Sorry I don't get my gadget knowledge from them.

3) bragging about Droid's open source, regardless if they'll ever actually see an advantage from it
Open source is awesome. Why is this a bad thing to you?

4) complaining about Apple's batteries, regardless if they keep phones long enough to experience a problem with their battery
Not having a replaceable battery is a bad thing, especially when their battery life is among the shortest of any phone out there. Sometimes it's nice to be able to get a spare or a long life battery.

5) proclaiming that Droid is easier to use when it's not
no it's not, apple is known for making stuff so easy a fucking monkey could play with it. That's why dumbasses love it. They don't have to think for themselves to press buttons to operate it and get confused.

6) too fucking cheap to buy a data plan even though they prolly have a $4K TV and buy $500 worth of video games a year
I have a data plan...

iphone bashers are just as bad as iphone lovers. The phone definitely has a love/hate relationship with the world. There really is no grey area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #72
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Well I'm not 25 anymore, so I don't have the patience to read an inch-thick owners manual, or sign up to a bunch of forums to find the latest tips, tricks, apps, UIs, and updates for it. Sometimes simple is better. To me it's just a tool, it's supposed to free your time not take your time. I don't want to have to join some l337 squad forum and search through a bunch of threads just to get advice on it.

There's always this claim that anyone who buys an Apple product only did it because it's hip. Maybe they are just an ordinary consumer who makes choices, like any other consumer? Part of those choices is simplicity & being nice to use. To some that is more important than other factors.

As for dropped calls & other issues, I'm betting most of that is ATT and not the iPhone. I already told you I've had issues with ATT with other phones.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #73
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Anyway...droid users..

How is it with videos and music?
Is it a drag and drop affair or do you have to worry about conversion?
I have over 200 movies in various formats (WMV, AVI) and my music library is mostly mp3 with a couple of flacs.....everything tagged.

Can you just copy em over usb and thats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #74
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Well I'm not 25 anymore, so I don't have the patience to read an inch-thick owners manual, or sign up to a bunch of forums to find the latest tips, tricks, apps, UIs, and updates for it. Sometimes simple is better. To me it's just a tool, it's supposed to free your time not take your time. I don't want to have to join some l337 squad forum and search through a bunch of threads just to get advice on it.

There's always this claim that anyone who buys an Apple product only did it because it's hip. Maybe they are just an ordinary consumer who makes choices, like any other consumer? Part of those choices is simplicity & being nice to use. To some that is more important than other factors.

As for dropped calls & other issues, I'm betting most of that is ATT and not the iPhone. I already told you I've had issues with ATT with other phones.
Jeez, the droid is not that hard. If you have a shred of intelligence, you can work it without needing that stuff.

Well that is the stereotype associated with the company. You aren't going to change that. Apple has to change that and I doubt they will because that's their market. So you are screwed. Kinda like Suzuki and squids.

Actually there are several tech articles out there showing that it may be Apple's radio code and chips that are responsible for a lot of the problems. AT&T does have problems with their network beyond that though, because a lot of their customers complain about it that don't have iphones. That's why I want to see the iphone go to a different network to see if it is AT&T or the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #75
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Jeez, the droid is not that hard. If you have a shred of intelligence, you can work it without needing that stuff.

Well that is the stereotype associated with the company. You aren't going to change that. Apple has to change that and I doubt they will because that's their market. So you are screwed. Kinda like Suzuki and squids.

Actually there are several tech articles out there showing that it may be Apple's radio code and chips that are responsible for a lot of the problems. AT&T does have problems with their network beyond that though, because a lot of their customers complain about it that don't have iphones. That's why I want to see the iphone go to a different network to see if it is AT&T or the phone.
Yea AT&T is pretty bad. Unfortunately, T-Mobile just got worse because they lost their partnership with AT&T and with it their towers. On the upside, T-Mobile let me out of my contract and unlocked my phone. Now I have to decide where to go from here... the Droid is tempting but I'm not a fan of Verizon's rate plans. I have little interest in surfing the net... I'll probably get something like the Omnia II or a similar phone. I'm really going to miss that 8M camera on my phone though... We'll see, I bought a sim card and got a go phone plan to test AT&T out before I make a final decision.

If I were choosing between the I-Phone and the Droid and the network didn't matter, I'd go with the Droid because it has a better camera set-up, a real keyboard, unlocked wifi (wifi is faster than 3g I believe) for when you are in a hotspot or at home/work, better video, can be used as a BT modem, and the replaceable battery can be a big deal. It was on my GPS decision. $25 vs $80 to send in for replacement. Personally, I don't like Apple or Motorola. Almost everything I've ever purchased from Moto has been fucking junk!!! My reasons for my disdain of Apple has been covered in this thread already. What I want is a phone with a large touch screen, a slide out keyboard, an 8M+ camera with a fucking real flash, please, on a network with good coverage that will give me unlimited phone and text for under $60!!! I though I was there with T-Mobile...oh well.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #76
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Anyway...droid users..

How is it with videos and music?
Is it a drag and drop affair or do you have to worry about conversion?
I have over 200 movies in various formats (WMV, AVI) and my music library is mostly mp3 with a couple of flacs.....everything tagged.

Can you just copy em over usb and thats that?

Yes. Drag and drop (with mp3's anyway) haven't tried with video.

Last edited by defector; 12-18-2009 at 06:54 PM..
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #77
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
What I want is a phone with a large touch screen, a slide out keyboard, an 8M+ camera with a fucking real flash, please, on a network with good coverage that will give me unlimited phone and text for under $60!!! I though I was there with T-Mobile...oh well.
There should be a Samsung that has all that.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #78
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
AT&T does have problems with their network beyond that though, because a lot of their customers complain about it that don't have iphones. That's why I want to see the iphone go to a different network to see if it is AT&T or the phone.
Apparently it's not going to happen.......at least not with Verizon. Too much investment necessary to make it compatible (and ATT is probably paying Apple off in some way)
Old 12-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #79
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

What about Sprint, does anyone use them anymore?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #80
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
What about Sprint, does anyone use them anymore?
I had them for my work phone and they suck. At 2 of my shops I couldn't get a signal, so I dropped the 2 way radio option and changed carriers to Verizon. Problem solved. (And no more shitty 2 way).