Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #11
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
trying to pretend that they're from our gas company.
fart at them. ask them to guess what you ate based on the smell.

if they're dumb enough to guess, tell them they're wrong and that if they were REALLY from the gas company they'd be able to tell you based on your gas.

slam the door.

crack open a beer.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
fart at them. ask them to guess what you ate based on the smell.

if they're dumb enough to guess, tell them they're wrong and that if they were REALLY from the gas company they'd be able to tell you based on your gas.

slam the door.

crack open a beer.
I've been thinking of painting my hard hat with the logo of the gas company that I use so that I could pull it out and say, "OK, give me the name and phone number of your supervisor" then put it alongside the red bathrobe and dagger that I keep around for the religious types.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #13
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I live in a townhouse complex, so we're a repeated target for sales and religious door-knockers. My sign says, "No soliciting - religious or otherwise." It only works about 50% of the time and it's usually the Seventh Day Adventists or Jehovah's Witnesses who think that the sign doesn't apply to them, but we also get the people who are trying to pretend that they're from our gas company.

so how do they pretend to be from the gas company? their opening line must be hey pull my finger?

I hate the religious ones. they used to drop shit at our apt complex all the time. I actually called one and made them come back and get their crap. we had no soliciting signs everywhere, apparently they're allowed to break rules as long as they ask for forgiveness later.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
so how do they pretend to be from the gas company? their opening line must be hey pull my finger?

I hate the religious ones. they used to drop shit at our apt complex all the time. I actually called one and made them come back and get their crap. we had no soliciting signs everywhere, apparently they're allowed to break rules as long as they ask for forgiveness later.
For years we had a single gas service provider, in much the same way that we had one telephone service provider. Gas service was deregulated a while back and all of a sudden dozens of companies started selling service. What they do is they try to get a look at your gas bill, so that they can write down your contract number. With that they can falsify a transfer of service into their company's name.

The last one actually came to my door saying that he was an employee of our gas company, while wearing a hat that had the name of one of these fly-by-night companies embroidered on it.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I don't get any solicitors at my door anymore, (maybe it's the gargoyle on my front porch).

I do get calls from "Jeff", from my "local" yellow pages.

Strange though, "Jeff" has a really heavy Indian accent, and when I ask him the name of my town, he says "The local one".

Jeff spends a lot of time trying to selling yellow page ads to my cat, via speaker phone.

JC
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't get any solicitors at my door anymore, (maybe it's the gargoyle on my front porch).

I do get calls from "Jeff", from my "local" yellow pages.

Strange though, "Jeff" has a really heavy Indian accent, and when I ask him the name of my town, he says "The local one".

Jeff spends a lot of time trying to selling yellow page ads to my cat, via speaker phone.

JC
More likely it's the large number of demonic felines on the porch.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

hrm havent really had any solicitors in a while. The obamatrons were pretty onerous during the election but not much since. Id do remember some guy trying to sell frozen meat nd i let him take all of it off the truck before i told him i didnt want the shit
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote