Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Scam or what?

I think it is, A guy at work said he is gonna do it on the side, it looks scamish to me, mainly because of the domain name. It reads like an ad, but the guy said that he has a friend that did it and got some money. I dunno it just looks scketchy

http://readthetimes.org/finance/?sho...9H6d6LY8E7r3S0

Quote:
Are online jobs the next big thing? For Mary Steadman it sure is. Mary, a mother from Hainesport NJ is thriving, in the middle of an economic recession working in the comfort of her own home.
From her website: "I get paid about $25 for every link I post on Google and I get paid every week... I make around $5500 a month right now"
Mary's story is a very familiar one in these tough times. She lost her job as an account rep for a manufacturing company and a few days later her husband also was laid off from his job as part of cutbacks due to the bad economy.
"We knew we had to do something, so we put our heads together and started trying online job opporuntities." Mary and her husband Kevin wound up getting caught up in a few quick rich business opportunities that were nothing more than pyramid schemes before finding something that really worked.
"I realized the best thing to do is instead of hoping that a company that you are looking at is going last, why not go with a big, reputable company. After looking at several different companies, I picked the safest bet... Google."
Online giant Google is a publicly traded company and is worth an estimated $100 Billion (with a b). The company has pioneered online search and has changed the way we use the internet.
In a matter of weeks Mary and Kevin had a steady stream of income coming in via checks that were delivered to their home. They happened upon a system called "Easy Google Profit" that taught them how to make money posting links online.
Easy Google Profit is a free course that can teach anyone, regardless of computer skill level to start making money online. It's available for free at EasyGoogleProfit.com.
"We were doing pretty good and then we discovered the real trick to making money. We combined "Easy Google Profit" with another free course called "My Internet Payday" that's where we really learned the extra tricks so instead of making a couple of hundred bucks here and there we started maximizing the amount we made."
For those of you that have seen the 'scammy' sites on the internet that promise you can make millions of dollars online Mary warns that this is not the promise being made here and that most of those sites are false representations of earnings you can make.
"We never tell anyone they'll make millions of dollars, in fact I think this is the ONLY online system that says you probably WON'T make millions, but you can generate a legitimate income from home like I do that replaced my full time job."
Getting started is simple. Following these simple steps below is all you need to do to get started.
Step 1: Get Easy Google Profit, only pay the $1.00 for shipping.

Step 2: Also get My Internet Payday. This is key. I think you pay $1.95 for shipping or something. to post. Start posting those links. Google tracks everything.

Step 3: Follow the directions on Easy Google Profit that basically shows you how to and set up a Google account. You need them both. Then they will give you the website links to post. Start posting those links. Google tracks everything
Old 07-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Isn't this the modern equivalent of stuffing envelopes at home?
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Thats what I was thinking when I looked at it, but the money looks too good to be true, but then I started thinking that maybe the other site that is mentioned automates it somehow.

I didn't get past the page linked in the OP, and I tried to load http://readthetimes.org but it won't load, so I think its a total scam made to look like a real story.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

It is a scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
It is a scam.
yea I get emails all the time trying to convince me to make money from Google.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

if it weren't a scam everybody would be doing it.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

It is a scam.

If they get paid big bucks to do it, how come google is not affiliated at all?
Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

All your scams are belong to us.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #9
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

If you think it might be a scam, it's a scam. If someone is promising a lot of money for no work, you shouldn't even have to ask if it's a scam.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #10
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I wish I could find something like this that's too legit to quit so I could make a little extra cash. I'm always on the web.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote