Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #61
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Someone mentioned working at a gun range here and made me think of this guy's job sucking.

man, THAT sucks

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #62
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
man, THAT sucks
You ain't lying.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #63
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Now a days Unions are what's wrong with this country.
what? you don't think people should be paid $30/hr for doing a job that took 15 minutes to learn and requires no education?

unions suck. I've had the "pleasure" of working for two of them. they were useless.

they wonder why their jobs get outsourced to other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Someone mentioned working at a gun range here and made me think of this guy's job sucking.

ok he wins, that has to be the worst job.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #64
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
what? you don't think people should be paid $30/hr for doing a job that took 15 minutes to learn and requires no education?

unions suck. I've had the "pleasure" of working for two of them. they were useless.

they wonder why their jobs get outsourced to other countries.
Blasphemer, you are going to go on the watch list. O wants everyone unionized.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #65
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I washed dishes in HS... it kinda sucked cause we were always slammed and we had to bus and do the dishes... I loaded trucks briefly when I first went to college... that was fun until they couldn't keep people in my section and me and two other guys had to murder ourselves to stay caught up... then one day the other two guys didn't show up and I was alone for two days... then I didn't show up.

Worst job ever though... Completing my duty to the community post arrest for underage drinking at 17... I 'volunteered' at an animal shelter. It was pretty cool at first... they eased me in by making me wash dogs, teaching me how to take their blood, hell, even cleaning the cages wasn't THAT bad... Then one day I had to go down to euthanasia and load dog corpses into the incinerator... That sucked.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #66
was92v
Nowhere Man

The worst job I ever had was also the shortest. At one time I thought I could do anything if I had to, but I was wrong.
I took a job once at a rendering plant. You know, the place where all the dead animals get hauled to. I started at 7PM (they haul putrid bodies in all day, then "process" them at night) and I made it until the "Lunch break" at midnight. In case you don't know, there are companies that will come and pick up your dead cows, pigs, horses and grease. Then they deconstruct them and sell the results. So, maybe they were being nice to the noobie, but my job was to stand on the edge of a 5000 gallon vat of bloody brine with an 10ft pole with a hook on the end and fish wet steaming hog hides swirling into and around this pool of misery, up over the railing and onto a pallet. To be fair there was a steel railing around it. Now let me tell you that a wet hog hide weighs more than me and I had to use my whole body to wrestle those things out, up, over and on. This was while continuously retching and heaving from the smells. I was so close to projectile vomiting that I ran to the nearest door for air, but it was worse out there. Even knowing that it was worst, I still ran to the door a couple of times just because that is what your mind says to do before it sinks in that you are in Hell. So I stick it out until the lunch break and then head to the car to get food. I was soaked with blood, brine and sweat and it was about 16 degrees outside after about a hundred in the plant. I managed to get in the car and open the paper sack that my Grandmother had put the lunch she had lovingly made for me, in. I got it out, unwrapped it and it was a fucking ham sandwich. I pitched the thing into the parking lot and headed back in to find my Boss. I told him I was done and farewell. He just shrugged and said "some people can take it and some can't". I told him that I now know which type I was and left. It was about a 40 minute drive back to my Grandmother's house, during which I alternated between freezing and retching. You see I was soaking wet and it was way below freezing. I turned on the heater, but once warm air came out I could smell myself and started throwing up so I would have to roll down the window to puke and clear the smell out, but then I was shaking from the cold. I would do that for as long as I could stand it and then have to turn some heat on, but any warm air brought on another wave of nausea and heaving and the cycle would began again. I have no idea how many times I did that. When I got home I had to strip outside and run for the shower. As I settled into bed at about 3am, I knew for a fact that there were some jobs that I could not do and I knew for sure what one of them is. I didn't even go back for my $10.50 check(minus taxes of course). I figured they could have it. if I never had to see, or smell that place again, it would be too soon.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #67
Rembrant
Trailer Queen

Moto: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600

I wouldn't say worst job but as a kid growing up I used to hate helping my parents and extended family butcher live animals.

Chicken: I had to hold both wings, and the legs while my mother would slit the chicken's throat. She would hold onto the head and let them bleed out.

Funniest memory of butchering chicken was a bunch of us were standing around killing and plucking the chickens when someone let go of the chicken that had it's neck slit and thought it was dead.

The chicken started running with it's head barely hanging on by a sliver of neck skin. It's starts to run in the direction of a little girl no older that 5 maybe.

I can still see the terror on her face when the dead chicken started running her direction and she turns and runs away in a straight line, and low and behold that dead chicken is also running in the same straight line.

It ran after her for about 10 to 15 feet before it fell and started flapping around but she never stopped. She could've won the men's 100 yard dash running from that dead chicken.

Oh and butchering cows/bulls, and pigs also sucked to. Nothing better that standing around smelling their intestine when someone accidently cuts the intestine.
Rembrant is offline   Reply With Quote