Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 11-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
if you can hang there on a Motard you'd be fine on VIR North, VIR South, and VIR Patriot.
well I held my own thru most of the corners, but 7, 8 & 9 were a slaughter because between 80-100 I don't have ANY power....I just have to let it build
Old 11-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
well I held my own thru most of the corners, but 7, 8 & 9 were a slaughter because between 80-100 I don't have ANY power....I just have to let it build
I bet, that's a long stretch of pavement there for a Motard! The only place you'd struggle on a Motard at VIR North would be the front straight and maybe the roller coaster (not if you rode with the beginner group).

I remember T10 at CMP pretty well. I finally carried some good corner entry speed in and hit that "hump" on the inside at 120+. Damn near put me in the infield at a pretty high rate of speed and I nearly had to lock up the front to slow down for T11. Took about 2 sessions to get back into form through that section.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
CasterTroy

I could carry my full top speed (once I GOT there) of a whopping 105 thru the hump and even over it with ease on the motard...and I didn't have to even HIT the brakes till after #2, so I could really make up ground from there to 14, but once we started on the straight, everyone I passed came around doing the

But I spoke with most of the riders and they were all cool and said I wasn't in the way. Most everyone said the same thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teton
I was laughing under my helmet following you, that motard looked like sooo much fun, especially through T11 and 12 u were flicking that thing like it weighed nothing.