Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #41
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I agree with pauldun170 in this thread all the way. He is correct.

Oh and for the record...I DID NOT vote for Obama...don't care for Obama...and hope he loses in the next election.

I also would love to see the video of Avatard in action and of him flopping around like a fish after being tazed....getting a beat down...and going to jail.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #42
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I'm sure it would be amusing to you, but I'm pretty damn sure you could find some footage of a soldier dying for your right to speak free, if you looked online hard enough. Would that fill the need for ya?

Some people care enough about free speech to stand up for it. Some people care about their elders. Some people wouldn't stand up for anything.

Last edited by Avatard; 08-31-2010 at 02:32 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #43
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I'm sure it would be amusing to you, but I'm pretty damn sure you could find some footage of a soldier dying for your right to speak free, if you looked online hard enough. Would that fill the need for ya?

Some people care enough about free speech to stand up for it. Some people care about their elders. Some people wouldn't stand up for anything.

Haven't been here in a few days and just saw this. WTF are you even talking about ? They were just doing their job and did not treat the guy bad imho. I just find it funny that you from behind your keyboard would just walk up and kick that guy in the teeth out of no where.

I call BS and bet you wouldn't do a fvckin' thing but stand around and b!tch about it but we don't know do we since neither of us were there.

I think you would be wrong for doing it IF you happen to have the balls to try it and YES I'd laugh at your azz if you got tazed.

Oh and by the way...I served 4 1/2 years in the United States Marine Corps how about you badazz ?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #44
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifox View Post
i would have been arrested as well.
damn, you called that one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifox View Post
Thinkin' for next years comfest(community feast which is public) I'll be out there like the old man....

doubt-ful...........
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #45
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
damn, you called that one lol

doubt-ful...........

I sure don't disagree with the guys message...I didn't vote for Obama but after a while his loud yelling gets old...it's disruptive and he needs to go.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #46
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

The guy was loud and belligerent. You'll find a bit more on the story at the Alaska State Fair's website and on the Anchorage Press' website.

http://www.alaskastatefair.org/about...10/082710.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska State Fair Website
Regarding the incident on the Alaska State Fair Fairgrounds 26 August 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010 at 9:50pm

Our concern is first and foremost the safety of our fairgoers, the families with their children who should be able to enjoy the fair without disturbance or potential danger.

We are in touch with the company with whom we have a contract for fair security to review what transpired. We are also in touch with the Palmer Police on this matter.

Because the fairgrounds is on private property, we reserve the right to remove someone from the premises who is creating a disruption or may pose a threat to the safety of others.

We welcome diverse viewpoints and have a structure in place at the Alaska State Fair that allows for peaceful discord and exchange at our vendor and organization booth area.

For additional details, see:

* http://frontiersman.com/articles/201...2107414412.txt
* http://community.adn.com/adn/node/152921
* http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-crime-...,2668811.story
* http://www.frontiersman.com/articles...5427008081.txt
http://www.anchoragepress.com/articl...6090189303.txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorage Press
... But parsing those definitions, drawing lines in an area known to be gray, even murky, is something management at Alaska State Fair has long been accustomed to. They’ve even been sued, reportedly in the 1980s when a zealous State Fair board voted to deny Alaska Right to Life, Inc. a booth at the fair. The anti-abortion activists’ booth remains on the fairgrounds, but its message is much less graphic, and you no longer see t-shirts asking “Does your doctor kill babies?”

“The fair was involved in a lawsuit,” fair spokesman Dean Phipps says, adding that it was before he began working there. “The ruling at the time was that you can set any rules you want, as long as they apply to everyone.”

Phipps says Hill brought his banner in and unfurled it from a two-by-four board about eight feet long, then walked with the sign perpendicular across a trail about 15 feet wide. The effect on pedestrian traffic was immediate, Phipps says, and a fair employee approached Hill. (Phipps says a statement from the employee will be online soon at the fair’s website, which is also currently hosting a lively discussion about Hill, the fair’s security guards and free speech in general.) Phipps says the employee only wanted tell Hill about vendor rules. “He was verbally abusive, and basically kept going [along the trail],” he says.

“It’s not about free speech. We have free speech all over the fairgrounds,” Phipps says, adding that many political organizations have fair booths, and the fair has rules that restrict them to their booths, rather than pushing their message in the trails. “They’re all here. They are everywhere, and if they’ve got the vendor handbook they know the rules… Basically, the fairgoers have told us they don’t want to be interfered with,” he says.
*EDIT*
Quote:
Originally Posted by From the vendor handbook
"SIGNS AND ADVERTISING
A prominent identifying sign, professional in appearance, shall be posted at vendor's sole expense, within the confines of the leased space. The height maximum is 14‟. Fair will not supply signage to outdoor vendor booths. No one shall display any form of political advertising, disseminate political propaganda unless the individual lease agreement permits such a privilege.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

Last edited by Papa_Complex; 09-03-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #47
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Haven't been here in a few days and just saw this. WTF are you even talking about ? They were just doing their job and did not treat the guy bad imho. I just find it funny that you from behind your keyboard would just walk up and kick that guy in the teeth out of no where.

I call BS and bet you wouldn't do a fvckin' thing but stand around and b!tch about it but we don't know do we since neither of us were there.

I think you would be wrong for doing it IF you happen to have the balls to try it and YES I'd laugh at your azz if you got tazed.

Oh and by the way...I served 4 1/2 years in the United States Marine Corps how about you badazz ?
I don't give a fuck who you are, or what you've done. If I saw you roughing up an old man, you and me would have a problem.

Maybe you were raised different. I don't give a fuck.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #48
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I don't give a fuck who you are, or what you've done. If I saw you roughing up an old man, you and me would have a problem.

Maybe you were raised different. I don't give a fuck.
...and I feel the same about you. They didn't really rough him up imho...we both have our opinions and we disagree.

I only mentioned the military because you made a dumbazz comment about watching a video about soldiers...I don't have to azzhat...I served and know what's it's all about.

Act like an azz and be disruptive...fine but when it gets old and it's time to leave and it's my job to make you leave well guess what...you're leaving one way or another and if some keyboard commando wants to jump in...well have at it and we'll see how that comes out too...no biggie. They didn't rough him up...they did their job.

I actually agree with what the old guy was saying...just not his method of delivery.