Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 07-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Yeah.....sure....because people on drugs are known for making such intelligent and non-bullshit decisions....for their productivity and inclination towards being sociable and contributing members of society....let's create an EZ-mode path towards junkie-hood..that sounds like a fucking brilliant idea.

Those who use drugs will do so regardless of legality.

Those who dont use drugs, will not use them, regardless of legality.

The stupid decisions that users make are the direct result of it being illegal, and therefore extremely overpriced. The robberies, the muders, etc etc, are all a direct result of its legal status, not the drugs themselves.

Use Holland as an example. Legal drugs, and almost no drug crime per capita. Nobody robbing or killing over drug money, hardly any disease because of safe injection sites and the like. Im sorry you cant see beyond the tip of your own nose, but your opinion is completely wrong. The war on drugs is a much larger problem than the drugs themselves. Not to mention that the millions spent on this 'war', and the inprisonment of dealers and users could be far better used on education and healthcare.

Not to mention, alcohol is just as bad as any drug you can name, but im positive you'd be pissed off if you couldnt buy your favourite drink once in a while.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.

Last edited by Apoc; 07-03-2011 at 10:42 PM..
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #12
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Those who use drugs will do so regardless of legality.

Those who dont use drugs, will not use them, regardless of legality.

The stupid decisions that users make are the direct result of it being illegal, and therefore extremely overpriced. The robberies, the muders, etc etc, are all a direct result of its legal status, not the drugs themselves.

Use Holland as an example. Legal drugs, and almost no drug crime per capita. Nobody robbing or killing over drug money, hardly any disease because of safe injection sites and the like. Im sorry you cant see beyond the tip of your own nose, but your opinion is completely wrong. The war on drugs is a much larger problem than the drugs themselves. Not to mention that the millions spent on this 'war', and the inprisonment of dealers and users could be far better used on education and healthcare.

Not to mention, alcohol is just as bad as any drug you can name, but im positive you'd be pissed off if you couldnt buy your favourite drink once in a while.
Gotta side with this one here.

Also: "legality" is more a factor of who had the money. Tobacco lobbiests and such keep that drug legal (which arguably kills more per day/week/month/year than any of the other illegal drugs combined...)

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Yeah.....sure....because people on drugs are known for making such intelligent and non-bullshit decisions....for their productivity and inclination towards being sociable and contributing members of society....let's create an EZ-mode path towards junkie-hood..that sounds like a fucking brilliant idea.
... and alcohol drinkers make such good decisions, and motorcyclists make such good decisions, and hikers make such good decisions...

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
You are even less coherent than normal lately....have any new habits that you would like to discuss? Or is your babbling a result of habits you'd already acquired?
I'm perfectly coherent, you just don't want to hear that many people (yes doctors and lawyers) recreationally use coke. Get over it.

I don't engage in drugs unless it benefits making muscle. My choice not to do coke has nothing to do with the government telling me not to do so, but the risk/reward of using the drug.

I wanted to go into the whole war on drugs...but Apoc already summed it up quite well.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 07-04-2011 at 06:07 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
EtyrnuSS
Filthy Noob

Moto: 2009 ER-6n

If they regulated, taxed, adn penalized misuse/abuse instead of trying to keep it illegal, they would pretty much solve a large portion of crime and their lack of income. And keep in mind, I'm a pretty consevative person.

Just penalize public intoxication on any substance, DUI, etc the same no matter the substance, and hell, let people set up places where they can go do it legally. I personally wouldn't choose to do it, I like riding/driving too much. But it would destroy the drug trade, clean up the prisons for major offenders.

Makes you wonder, are the drug lords paying to keep it illegal to keep the profits up? Actually, I don't wonder that, seems pretty much a given to me.
EtyrnuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtyrnuSS View Post
If they regulated, taxed, adn penalized misuse/abuse instead of trying to keep it illegal, they would pretty much solve a large portion of crime and their lack of income. And keep in mind, I'm a pretty consevative person.

Just penalize public intoxication on any substance, DUI, etc the same no matter the substance, and hell, let people set up places where they can go do it legally. I personally wouldn't choose to do it, I like riding/driving too much. But it would destroy the drug trade, clean up the prisons for major offenders.

Makes you wonder, are the drug lords paying to keep it illegal to keep the profits up? Actually, I don't wonder that, seems pretty much a given to me.
Being 'conservative' isn't counter to things like drug legalization, unless you're an 'ideological/religious conservative.' The term has come to be grossly misused, over the last few decades.

Some things simply make good fiscal sense, while having minimal social impact. In Vancouver, for example, they've set up needle exchanges for IV drug users. Sure, it seems to run counter to a 'law and order' agenda to do such a thing, with that agenda typically being a big conservative talking point, but (in Canada at least) it makes sense from a fiscally conservative standpoint. Given our medical system simply preventing 2 or three cases of AIDS, with the attendant treatment costs, can pay for the entire programme. It's also an opportunity to talk to such people and offer them treatment alternatives.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote