Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
It's crazy that the headlight - with ALL the advances on that bike - the HEADLIGHT was my favorite thing
"Carol Anne - listen to me. Do NOT go into the light. Stop where you are. Turn away from it. Don't even look at it."

JC
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Greg, BMW GT. Seriously. All you have to do is ride one and you'll be hooked. That is, especially if you ride at night. That headlight is absolutely tremendous. It's crazy that the headlight - with ALL the advances on that bike - the HEADLIGHT was my favorite thing
I like the way it LOOKS....now, if only I had connections to arrange a test ride.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I like the way it LOOKS....now, if only I had connections to arrange a test ride.
If only.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Greg, BMW GT. Seriously. All you have to do is ride one and you'll be hooked. That is, especially if you ride at night. That headlight is absolutely tremendous. It's crazy that the headlight - with ALL the advances on that bike - the HEADLIGHT was my favorite thing
Did the GT feel heavy to you? Do you like the way it handles?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Did the GT feel heavy to you? Do you like the way it handles?
No. I think it was the seating position, because the GTL felt like a bus compared to the GT. The handling was amazing over 20mph.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

A few years back I started going through a series of injuries, that weren't really bike related. I re-broke my collarbone in a 'photography related incident', that I'd broken years before when I got hit on the bike. I got a bad ankle sprain, that took months to heal. Sprained the wrist of my clutch hand. Messed up tendons. All of them were separate injuries, at separate times.

As a result, I was off the bike for extended periods. I only rode a few times during, those seasons, and didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. Involvement in racing, via photography, seemed to be filling the void.

But then, at the beginning of last season, I bought the ER-6n and started doing some mods on it. At least I'm now back to commuting, most days, and have taken a few pleasure rides. I've done more riding in the first couple of months this season, than I did in the previous two years combined and I'll start in again with trips next season.

Quote:
That's nothing new. When I had my BMW K75RT, back in '91-'94, people refused to ride in front of me at night. Cars would flash to get me to turn off my high beams. When I flashed my real highs back, the oncoming car would frequently swerve as the driver was momentarily blinded. That headlight was like a punch in the face

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I traded the Buell for a new mx bike and haven't regretted it one bit.

I'm contemplating a decent 2-up bike in the future, but I don't even know what to look for.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I traded the Buell for a new mx bike and haven't regretted it one bit.

I'm contemplating a decent 2-up bike in the future, but I don't even know what to look for.
Whats nice is there are a lot of choices out there now. I had a hard time narrowing the field after the priller crapped out and still havent made a decision but I still have some demos to ride.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Whats nice is there are a lot of choices out there now. I had a hard time narrowing the field after the priller crapped out and still havent made a decision but I still have some demos to ride.
Have you found any dealers not willing to allow test rides? I'm considering adding one of the same that you are looking at fjr1300, concourse, Sprint, ST1300 etc Thus far I've yet to have Saturday that I could even try, hoping to do so this weekend.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Have you found any dealers not willing to allow test rides? I'm considering adding one of the same that you are looking at fjr1300, concourse, Sprint, ST1300 etc Thus far I've yet to have Saturday that I could even try, hoping to do so this weekend.
Triumph seems to have demo bikes at most dealers, I already demoed the sprint and tiger at a demo day. Now the dealer in CT I contacted said I should come in and ride both then make a decision. Whats nice is I can get a longer ride then the 20 minute canned ride at the other demo.

For the kawi I am going to their demo day this weekend to ride the ninja 1k. In NY I think the big 4 may be hard to get demos on unless its aless common bike aka not a sport bike but the euro shops seem more willing.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote