Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS
Default Lucid Dreamers?

Anyone a regular lucid dreamer either by design or just that's how your dreams normally work out?

I have lucid dreams pretty regularly. Usually I try to make them go sexual, but always get woken up before the good parts.

Sometimes my lucid dreams go bad though when I realize I am in sleep paralysis mode and my dream body will get stuck that way too, but I stay in dream environment but lose control and shit gets fucked up and will usually involve someone or something trying to fuck me up. And awake doing something fucking stupid like thrashing.

I had my first double dream wake up last night, never had one of those before. Where you awake startled from a dream and then realize you are in another dream and awake startled again. Shit was fucked up.

Or there is the always classic falling dream where when you wake up it feels like you hit the bed with a slight force from falling. I have always wanted to see what I do when that happens, but it's a very very rare dream for me. I lucid dream without losing control more than anything.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I rarely remember my dreams. However, one of my favorite recurring dreams was that I could fly. If I wanted to get somewhere, I'd just put my arms straight down at my sides and pop up onto my toes, which then caused me to lift off the ground and hover. I never flew high in those dreams, just high enough to get over trees and small buildings (which are the most common elements of my small town).

I've also had the recurring paralysis dreams, but those always seem to occur when I get into a fighting dream. I'm trying to protect myself or my daughter, but feel like my arms are tied to my body and all I can do is flail like a fish out of water. I can't swing my arms to punch and never seem to realize I have legs.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

I dream a lot and usually weird ones at that! The most fascinating one ever though was back when I was still in school. I was lying in bed and looked at the clock and it was around 4:22 in the morning. I rolled over and fell back to sleep and had a ultra realistic dream that lasted for two complete days including going to sleep and dreaming and waking up and starting the next day! I woke up and was amazed at the dream's realism! I rolled back over to look at the clock and it was 4:28! Two days in 6 minutes!! Time is irrelevant inside your mind! There was an episode of Star Trek TNG where Piccard lived an entire lifetime within a few minutes in a forced dream state. I can relate!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

You should look into Lucid dreaming if you want to really fuck around in dreams. It's amazing what you can do. It will be really realistic.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have lucid dreams pretty regularly. Usually I try to make them go sexual, but always get woken up before the good parts.
----

Or there is the always classic falling dream where when you wake up it feels like you hit the bed with a slight force from falling. I have always wanted to see what I do when that happens, but it's a very very rare dream for me. I lucid dream without losing control more than anything.
It's pretty rare for me, but it does happen.
Generally when I realize I'm dreaming and start trying to assert control, I wake up.
I remember one of the falling ones from when I was a kid... I remember telling myself "Ok, I'm going to slow down... and now I'm going to stop" I was just short of the ground and did that cartoon cat thing where they come to a complete stop, flip over, and land on their feet. I was pretty pleased with myself for doing that, but unfortunately I snapped out of the dream the moment I landed.

Now, as for the sexual dream thing... gah. Much like my sex life in the waking world, it is a source of frustration for me. Lucid or not, I never can have a decent sex dream.
They always shift gears or go weird or I wake up. It's been that way pretty much all my life.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I used to lucid dream all the time, but then I got a new bed. You're probably thinking 'wtf does that have to do with anything?' Well, my old bed was a mattress with springs poking out at me with an air mattress placed on top of it for comfort (which became punctured in short time). That was keeping me awake just enough to make me realize I was dreaming. It was awesome, but I'd wake up and feel like I didn't sleep at all . Unfortunately, with the new bed I can hardly ever remember my dreams.

Also somewhat related, I've been waking up every hour recently from getting too much sleep! Damn MMOs messing with my sleep schedule.. no more!
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I dont dream. The only time I dream is when I wake up in the morning to go to the bathroom, and then fall back "half" asleep.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You should look into Lucid dreaming if you want to really fuck around in dreams. It's amazing what you can do. It will be really realistic.
Yeah, it always seems so real when I look behind the couch and find a Russian brothel

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yeah, it always seems so real when I look behind the couch and find a Russian brothel
Well the plot won't be realistic, but it sure beats the hell out of a video game as far as touching and rubbing and thrusting goes. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!