Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #91
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Spensive out there in Vegas....
ooops i need to learn to proofread. Going back to edit!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #92
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
Costco

And let me just mention, one of my coworkers is a constant fitness/diet freak... right now there is something in the office fridge called "Hummus Classic Snacker Pack"

Judging by the dirty looks I get when I'm enjoying a breakfast donut, fitness |= happiness

And finally, the friggin' TV stereotype, OMG... Since Top Gear and Penguins of Madagascar have been in repeats, I haven't watched TV in at least 2 weeks. There ARE other sedentary forms of relaxation!
Overeating and constantly having to replace the food you are overeating is not something even Costco can help you with! Sorry, not a good argument there bud...

As for your co-worker, they're doing it wrong! You dont have to eat nasty food to enjoy life, Krispy Kreme is my FAVE!

TV is just a generic, you can fill in Xbox, Wii, Computer, or even the window looking into your backyard. The very word sedentary says youd rather sit on your butt and eat then do something that requires more than breathing.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #93
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Overeating and constantly having to replace the food you are overeating is not something even Costco can help you with! Sorry, not a good argument there bud...

As for your co-worker, they're doing it wrong! You dont have to eat nasty food to enjoy life, Krispy Kreme is my FAVE!

TV is just a generic, you can fill in Xbox, Wii, Computer, or even the window looking into your backyard. The very word sedentary says youd rather sit on your butt and eat then do something that requires more than breathing.

Yep like most of your jobs or
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #94
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep like most of your jobs or
Coming from the guy who gets to sit home and while the rest of us work!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #95
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Coming from the guy who gets to sit home and while the rest of us work!
I get to postwhore while at work FTMFW

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #96
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Kinda like I start every argument with "I'm from the hood"? People can only relate to situations from their own experiences.... Being pregnant is 75% of her world right now and is obviously going to skew her perspective. Heck, we're all like that. All the medical people approach every thread from that angle, the engineers from that angle, etc, etc.
I know he's not picking on me...

Being preggers hasn't really skewed my perspective per say, rather just reinforced why I wouldn't want to be grossly overweight as this baby weight is hard on my body as it is.

People can def. be larger and overweight by BMI standards but be very healthy.

I just cant imagine having a beer gut or 100 extra pounds and want to exercise/be active like I once was. I find this uncomfortable.

And one thing I found, eating is difficult. I can't lean forward to reach my plate as I cant breathe. I realized I just spilled some mushed carrot/turnip down my freak'n shirt from dinner. How attractive is that? Something was itching my boob!!! This wouldn't happen if I didn't have to balance my plate on my baby kegger!!!

cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #97
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post

Being preggers hasn't really skewed my perspective per say, rather just reinforced why I wouldn't want to be grossly overweight as this baby weight is hard on my body as it is.

I just cant imagine having a beer gut or 100 extra pounds and want to exercise/be active like I once was. I find this uncomfortable.

And one thing I found, eating is difficult. I can't lean forward to reach my plate as I cant breathe. I realized I just spilled some mushed carrot/turnip down my freak'n shirt from dinner. How attractive is that? Something was itching my boob!!! This wouldn't happen if I didn't have to balance my plate on my baby kegger!!!

BMI is a load of crap, as per thier #'s I am almost morbidly obeese, while I can stand to drop a few pounds I dontt hink I am as bad off as the one hittin the drive through in her rascall motorized chair

Tom
Old 07-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #98
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post

You make it sound so attractive I cant wait to do it...
Old 07-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #99
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
BMI is a load of crap, as per thier #'s I am almost morbidly obeese, while I can stand to drop a few pounds I dontt hink I am as bad off as the one hittin the drive through in her rascall motorized chair

Tom
When I went to the gym for the first time in my life last year, he told me according to his charts that I was obese. I should've cancelled my membership right then and there.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #100
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
When I went to the gym for the first time in my life last year, he told me according to his charts that I was obese. I should've cancelled my membership right then and there.
Theres another system that incorporates ones body frame into the equation. As per the BMI tables at 6'4 I think you should weigh like 180 or 190, unless i loose a leg that aint happening any time soon

Tom