Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #91
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

170.0 on the scale yesterday....down from 204 at Christmas.

Fine tuning my body fat percentage at this point while I continue to maximize my cardiovascular strength and endurance. I burn between 850-950 calories per hour workout....still pushing for that 1,000 calories/hour burn...I'll get there...it's just gonna take more time.

I'm estimating another 3-5 pounds lost and I should be at an "essential" body fat level of 4-6%....then I'll go have the hydrostatic test done....as well as a heart and lung capacity test.

I'm addicted.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #92
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Awesome.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #93
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post

Fine tuning my body fat percentage at this point while I continue to maximize my cardiovascular strength and endurance. I burn between 850-950 calories per hour workout....still pushing for that 1,000 calories/hour burn...I'll get there...it's just gonna take more time.

I'm estimating another 3-5 pounds lost and I should be at an "essential" body fat level of 4-6%....then I'll go have the hydrostatic test done....as well as a heart and lung capacity test.

I'm addicted.
Good for you.

On the days I wear my heart monitor (non-lifting days) I'm about the same on the calorie burn. The only way to get there is to be way up in your HR zone, which a lot of people will tell you is wrong, bad, etc.

Are you (or anybody else) using any type of recovery formula post work-out?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #94
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Good for you.

On the days I wear my heart monitor (non-lifting days) I'm about the same on the calorie burn. The only way to get there is to be way up in your HR zone, which a lot of people will tell you is wrong, bad, etc.

I don't pay any attention to my target HR zone....I warm up....then stretch...then I work at my max...and take breaks when I need to...no longer than 30 seconds....with the intervals 8-10 minutes long depending on the work out....3 or 4 intervals per workout...then a cool down stretch.

When I first started my HR would climb into the high 170's, low 180's consistently....I'm better conditioned now so it usually max's around 160. But that isn't what's really important....it's how quickly you can resume a lower heart rate after working at your max that is important. I can be ready to resume after a 30 second recovery....usually from 160 back down to 130-ish in 30 seconds.

I use this after each workout:

http://www.muscletech.com/products/c...l#overview_tab
Old 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #95
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
My favorite is the clean-and-press. As a scientist, I love the physics behind it. Gravity, inertia, momentum, speed and balance (sound like motorcycle riding?). It's also a multi-muscle exercise. It's an incredible warm-up exercise when using light weights. And when you put some heavy weight on, you know you have exercised. It's the difference between weight training and weight lifting.
YES! Love the clean-and-press!

Quote:

I'm addicted.
-34lbs since Christmas + perhaps 5lb of overall muscle mass (typically only possible when someone firsts begins working out, or uses PED/TRT) = around 40lbs of actual adipose fat tissue loss. 40lbs of fat sitting on a table in front of you would blow your mind, that's a huge body composition change in 7 months.

Quote:
Good for you.

I drink around 1/4 gallon of really cold whole milk and eat melon or berries after high intensity exercise now, but I've used a lot of the post workout formulas from GNC and places. Never noticed a difference.

What I do notice a difference from supplement wise is daily creatine and a good pre-workout for lifting. I like Muscle Pharm's "Assault" for pre-workout and hated NOExplode.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #96
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Thanks.

I'll look into that.

I like the science:
Quote:
Muscle biopsies revealed that subjects consuming creatine with a large dose of carbohydrates experienced significantly higher skeletal muscle creatine retention, while blood tests also revealed significantly higher serum insulin concentrations. In other words, the study results indicate that a high dose of carbohydrates spikes insulin, which drives even more creatine into muscles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

I drink around 1/4 gallon of really cold whole milk and eat melon or berries after high intensity exercise now, but I've used a lot of the post workout formulas from GNC and places. Never noticed a difference.

What I do notice a difference from supplement wise is daily creatine and a good pre-workout for lifting. I like Muscle Pharm's "Assault" for pre-workout and hated NOExplode.
Ironic that you use regular milk. Many athletes use Chocolate milk. The chocolate provides the necessary carb and sugar levels needed for best recovery (that's the theory anyway). Looking at Gregman's creatine stuff it looks like they are using the same premise.

I have been using Mike's Mix as a recovery drink but no other supplements at this point. The make up (protein-carb-sugar ratios) is very similar to chocolate milk but better controlled.

I like his stuff because it is a small company started by a guy looking to create a good product. He backs his info with actual science and is open to change if better science comes along (not "This works best because this is what I sell.")

I e-mailed him a question about a product and got an answer back within a few hours from Mike himself.

http://mikesmixrecoverydrink.com/
Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #97
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
-34lbs since Christmas + perhaps 5lb of overall muscle mass (typically only possible when someone firsts begins working out, or uses PED/TRT) = around 40lbs of actual adipose fat tissue loss. 40lbs of fat sitting on a table in front of you would blow your mind, that's a huge body composition change in 7 months.
I SEE the difference...but more importantly....FEEL it...EVERY day. I keep that Christmas picture pinned to the wall in my home gym....to motivate me to PUSH...to rid myself of that body....permanently....to remind myself of how easily I slid down that slope to coach potato induced...and completely UNNECESSARY...obesity.

And it's funny....of course, I feel better physcially...but I am amazed by how much better I feel MENTALLY....I have energy to burn...a hugely positive attitude....and active lifestyle outside of working out....I truly think that the steady dose of endorphin highs makes a difference.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #98
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Ironic that you use regular milk. Many athletes use Chocolate milk. The chocolate provides the necessary carb and sugar levels needed for best recovery (that's the theory anyway). Looking at Gregman's creatine stuff it looks like they are using the same premise.

http://mikesmixrecoverydrink.com/
Before I switched diets I always used either low-fat Chocolate milk or a fruit/vegetable smoothie with similar carb/protein ratios. I'm not opposed to it either, choc milk is delicious and very good for that purpose.

But I'm still testing the theory that you have to have carbs for energy and recovery by taking my lack of carb intake to a more extreme level than is probably necessary, just to see if I bonk out, start having a foggy brain, lose the ability to recover, etc. etc.. But I do miss my chocolate milk. We used to buy TruMoo or Mootopia choc. milk by the gallons! Mmmmm...

On that note, with the addition of visible quadriceps and calf muscle vascularity to my physique I think I have successfully proven that eating high amounts of saturated and non-saturated fat does not cause an active person to put on body fat, and in fact promotes body fat loss, even in lean individuals. And I have really, REALLY upped my fat intake to a ridiculous amount lately. The jury is still out on whether or not I'm going to have a heart attack.

Let me share my absurd "diet" from yesterday

Breakfast - 2 glasses whole milk, 7 eggs cooked in butter, 3 whole sausage patties

Lunch - 13oz T-Bone steak, 2 eggs, scoop of sour cream, garlic butter

Post workout - high fat/protein fruit smoothie

Dinner -3 Double Quarter Pounders w/Cheese (sans buns), cup of strawberries, glass of whole milk.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #99
shmike
Follower

Today's nugget:

Quote:
"Exercise is the stimulus that returns our bodies to the conditions for which they were designed. Humans are not physically normal in the absence of hard, physical effort. Exercise is not a thing we do to fix a problem-it is a thing we must do anyway, a thing without which there will always be problems. Exercise is substitute cave-man activity."
Anybody (No Worries) know who wrote that?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #100
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Insanity has begun. On a somewhat relaxed schedule (M-W-F, with a run on off days) I probably won't have the advertised results, but this shit is intense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote