Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a fitness forum on here?
Yes 16 44.44%
No 14 38.89%
I get my fitness from Tater's whore of an ex-wife, so no forum needed 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 AM   #91
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
No it's still the program too...

Ur right tho...dedication and consistency (esp. with diet) are 2-3 times more important than the actual lifting routine.

You have to admit tho...I can assure you bodybuilders are not using P90x, though that may not be your ultimate goal.

If I could get say a free copy of said P90x I'd love to read it (or even try it for a few cycles).

ehh I don't think you can blame a lack of motivation on the program

but yeah... P90x isn't designed for bodybuilders... and that's DEFINITELY not my goal... far from it. I don't really care how I look... it's more about being physically fit and being able to move my body weight around.

oh and you can get a copy of P90X on torrents pretty easy
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:57 AM   #92
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
it's more about being physically fit and being able to move my body weight around.
Ditto that - and lugging around as little flabby gut as I can (I'm not especially vain, but I do cringe when I see the 'pooch' I never used to have ). Getting old sucks! I'm lucky that I had/have a decent 'baseline', but I've been too lazy for 8 years or so. I finally began to get my thumb out over the past year or so, and recently started making a much harder honest effort at getting back in much better shape (with better flexibility/back-health). Feels good!

I'd definitely be interested in learning whatever I could to put together a more time & effort-effective workout routine.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #93
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
No it's still the program too...

Ur right tho...dedication and consistency (esp. with diet) are 2-3 times more important than the actual lifting routine.

You have to admit tho...I can assure you bodybuilders are not using P90x, though that may not be your ultimate goal.

If I could get say a free copy of said P90x I'd love to read it (or even try it for a few cycles).
Download the torrent, that is what I did.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #94
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
AM cardio with a glass of water for 45 minutes (5% incline @3.0mph) on a treadmill 4-5 times a week. This will shred fat off of you. Do NOT do high intensity cardio as you are trying to reduce fat, not increase cardiovascular fitness with this.

Then...your diet needs to come down to higher protein, lower carb intake and carbs focused around lifting time.
I already have a high protien low carb, low fat diet. After my AM cardio I drink a blend of cassien, soy and whey protien(26grams) by EAS. For lunch, Ill have a grapefruit and 4 oz piece of chicken breast. For dinner, I'll have either fish, chicken or steak and very little vegetables and nothing else. Then around 8pm Ill drink another protein shake. That's all I eat now. Probably 75% of my caloric intake in protein.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #95
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

My biggest problem is my diet. I am a really picky eater...I hate most food. I love junk food. I'm trying though.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #96
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My biggest problem is my diet. I am a really picky eater...I hate most food. I love junk food. I'm trying though.
Just stay away from white flour, potatoes, corn, saturated fats, and high fructose corn syrup and you should be ok.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #97
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Just stay away from white flour, potatoes, corn, saturated fats, and high fructose corn syrup and you should be ok.
I love potatoes...but the rest is no big deal. Well, I love bread too...white bread, rolls, etc.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #98
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I love potatoes...but the rest is no big deal. Well, I love bread too...white bread, rolls, etc.
Stop. Potatoes and white bread are the worst.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #99
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I know you are probably like me too, a lot of food really upsets my stomach. Junk food doesn't, so I know that is a safe food to eat and not get all fucked up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #100
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I know you are probably like me too, a lot of food really upsets my stomach. Junk food doesn't, so I know that is a safe food to eat and not get all fucked up.
You're from the south, just throw some gravy on it and it's golden. The lack of cholesterol its probably what makes your stomach upset.