Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #91
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Yesterday I had some dude on a Harley start his bike up and rev it with the intention of scaring my daughter (I heard "watch her jump" whispered to his dentist/lawyer buddies). Not only did she fail to jump, she pointed and laughed saying,"Noise, daddy!" (she's 2)

I looked at the guy and said, "Oh she won't jump. Daddy already warned her about Harleys turning gasoline and oxygen into noise without the harmful side-effect of horsepower so she isn't scared of them."

Dude was speechless

(I honestly have no beef with Harleys themselves, just the douchebags they tend to attract, present company excluded of course)
Major win for the quick retort.

Major fail for not getting it on video for us.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #92
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

All of you who are blaming this on labour, remember that there are two sides to the coin. In this time when sales are down and they're working at a loss, Keith Wandell took over $6M in various forms of compensation. Hell, he took over $600K in 'bonus.' Don't you get a bonus when the company is performing well, not when it's flagging?

Salary: $650,025.00
Bonus: $780,030.00
Restricted stock awards: $2,858,007.00
All other compensation: $22,515.00
Option awards $: $2,053,002.00
Total Compensation $6,363,579.00

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #93
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
All of you who are blaming this on labour, remember that there are two sides to the coin. In this time when sales are down and they're working at a loss, Keith Wandell took over $6M in various forms of compensation. Hell, he took over $600K in 'bonus.' Don't you get a bonus when the company is performing well, not when it's flagging?

It is the Board who is responsible for determining those salaries. If the shareholders don't like it, they should elect a new Board.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #94
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:

I agree to an extent, but we all need to keep in mind that option awards and restricted stock awards means jack shit if the price of the stock declines. Plus, we don't know the terms of those awards. The option award is simply an option to buy stock at a specific price. Also, option awards typically have an expiration date. If he's awarded options with a strike price of $20, but the price never reaches that point by expiration (or does, but he doesn't exercise the options and price drops back down), he's got a worthless piece of paper (Unfortunately, I've shredded a few worthless pieces of paper from my previous job). Most option awards and restricted stock awards require that you be vested for a certain amount of time after receiving the award. That may not be the case here, but we don't know the specifics of these awards.

I'm simply saying that his compensation may not actually be the 6 mil figure you're citing because $4mil of that amount could literally mean jack shit if the price of the stock goes nowhere.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #95
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

As i understand the Forbes write-up, those are the things that he availed himself of in 2009. That means the only question mark is whether the stock will be worth anything. He would also receive stock dividends, as would any investor.

The point that I'm making is that this is the same sort of behaviour, that led to the credit crunch.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #96
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Keep in mind that Harley's stock is currently worth more than 3 times what it was little more than a year ago. The restricted stock awards only vest (at no charge to Wandell) if Wandell is still at Harley and he gets 1/3 in Feb of 2011, 1/3 in Feb 2012 and the remaining 1/3 in Feb of 2013. If he gets fired or quits he gets none of whatever is remaining. If he is gone before Feb of 2011 he gets none of it. On the options side there is a similar vesting schedule and the stock has an exercise price of $22.63, about what the stock price was when the options were granted. He gets "paid" based on how well the stock does.

Quote:
He would also receive stock dividends, as would any investor.
I don't believe Wandell gets paid dividends on either the stock awards or stock options until they vest. The stock isn't his until that time.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #97
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Yesterday I had some dude on a Harley start his bike up and rev it with the intention of scaring my daughter (I heard "watch her jump" whispered to his dentist/lawyer buddies). Not only did she fail to jump, she pointed and laughed saying,"Noise, daddy!" (she's 2)

I looked at the guy and said, "Oh she won't jump. Daddy already warned her about Harleys turning gasoline and oxygen into noise without the harmful side-effect of horsepower so she isn't scared of them."

Dude was speechless

(I honestly have no beef with Harleys themselves, just the douchebags they tend to attract, present company excluded of course)

awesome comeback. these are the retards that make it almost embarassing to have an HD. trying to scare a 2 yr old, yeah that's impressive.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #98
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

Quote:

Dude was speechless

Quick come back

I had a 3 day class last week and while going over the top 100 advertising logos in the US Harley was one of them.

Lady asked if anyone rode a motorcycle, so I raised my hand and found out quickly no one else did.

Lady asked if I ride a Harley, I replied no with a little laugh.

Then a few in the class behind me must have been offended, and yelled why not?

quaility, and dependability... If Harley built a plane would you fly in it?

you could hear a mouse fart after that. And the lady giving the presentation quickly said OK and moved on to the golden arches of McDonalds.
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #99
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

they are staying. Ploy apparently worked, looks like 250 will get layed off and all contracts got reneg'ed saving the company 50mil. But after such strongarm tactics will union types still love them?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #100
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
they are staying. Ploy apparently worked, looks like 250 will get layed off and all contracts got reneg'ed saving the company 50mil. But after such strongarm tactics will union types still love them?
That sucks. I was hoping all of those fuckers would go.