Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #91
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You beat me to it!!! I'm like aren't you all comparing the Buell to your old bikes? I mean, what's your point of reference for your praise? Oh I get it, it's only "bad form" when it's a negative comparison, when it's praise, it's "good form"!!!
Not really, but I had to justify my hypocrisy somehow.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #92
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
????

2008 you douche.

Oh suck my cock Marko! They have not been manufacturing Buells since 1983! If you're going to measure from prototype/idea stage, then I guess the GSXR is on about 40 or 50 years old since Suzuki has been building race bikes from the beginning.... Jesus, why don't you measure it from when Erik was born while you're at it and celebrate it like Christmas! You could all put up American trees made in Austria and China and give each other presents wrapped in recall notices.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #93
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
No they'd probably kill themselves.

Or....get over it and buy a different brand bike with similar characteristics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
im kinda betting you'll hate it as well. the bike you're on now is just too good.
Don't I know it!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #94
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Tommy haven't you ridden a GSXR1000? It pulls very similar to a V-Twin imho and it turns WAY fucking easier than most V-Twins!!! Personally, I think that you will be very happy with your bike, I mean that, and I hope that you get millions of miles worth of enjoyment from it, I mean that too.

As far as comparison goes, well I'll never stop believing that bikes should be matched up by purpose and engine size. If you come to the table with a 1000+cc sport bike, I would hope that you and your design team imbibed it with the very best engine that you could for this application. If that is a V-Twin then okay, if it is not then I'm sorry but your machine is inferior for this application! Again, it's like on Pinks where they tell the builders to bring 5 liter cars. One guy brings a Chevy and one brings a Ford, the one with the slower car spends the whole show complaining that his car is slower and deserves special treatment. My question is, why didn't you build a better/faster car? Sportbikes are about speed, handling and brakes in my opinion. Everything else is secondary.

I'll most likely get one and I'm sure that I'll enjoy it for what it is and what I got it for. If it is "better" than my GSXR I swear to you right now that I will admit it publicly on this forum. If not well, I'm sure that you can imagine...
Only liter bikes I have ridden are twins, I have a 2000 750 as a track bike but thats been it. I have heard the newer 1ks pull like twins with the torque they have.

I think even with in a "class" like I4 liter bikes the differences are prety negligible and most street riders/mere mortals wont notice or appreciate that one laps willow springs a half second faster. Prolly comes down more to feel, comfort and how the bike handles for that rider.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #95
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Not without the cops being there and impounding at least 10 bikes

Tom
QFT!!!! There would always be some dork cracking wheelies, etc!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #96
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Only liter bikes I have ridden are twins, I have a 2000 750 as a track bike but thats been it. I have heard the newer 1ks pull like twins with the torque they have.

I think even with in a "class" like I4 liter bikes the differences are prety negligible and most street riders/mere mortals wont notice or appreciate that one laps willow springs a half second faster. Prolly comes down more to feel, comfort and how the bike handles for that rider.

Tom
you forgot sound.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #97
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
you forgot sound.
My bad, how could I forget that

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #98
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
The guy with the Jordan paint scheme gixxer with every accessory out of the catalogue on it talking about image?? Wanna try again?
Nope! Buell riders seem to hang out together...especially the earlier generations. Harley riders didn't want them and they generally got left behind by other sport bike riders. Sure the word "image" may have been "ill chosen" but my main point was "lifestyle"... Oh and almost every part on my bike has a purpose. The Jordan scheme was strictly a style preference like painting it an ugly industrial gray would be..... I didn't buy my bike for image, I bought it for it's performance and the fact that I had 3 Suzuki's previously with ZERO problems and only 2 goofy recalls unlike some brands....
Old 10-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #99
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Not really, but I had to justify my hypocrisy somehow.
Fair enough!!! Gosh isn't this a fun way to pass the day? I honestly think so!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #100
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Tom
OH NO!!!! Not logic! That's my krytonite!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH ......What a world.....