marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Everyone, stop txt'ing. You're just making them more money. LOL
We've gone too far to turn back now.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #103
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Everyone bitching about ATT needs to come clean. If you hate the iPhone just say so. I've had SBC/Cingular/ATT for 10 years. I've also been all over the country and probably where alot of you live at one point or another. This lack of coverage everyone is complaining about I simply haven't seen. The only place in North America I have been where I didn't have coverage was Alaska. No big surprise there.

I believe there are dead spots. I just have a hard time believing it is as wide spread as this thread makes it seem.

My best friend with a Verizon phone has shitty service everywhere, so it works both ways.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #104
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Everyone bitching about ATT needs to come clean. If you hate the iPhone just say so. I've had SBC/Cingular/ATT for 10 years. I've also been all over the country and probably where alot of you live at one point or another. This lack of coverage everyone is complaining about I simply haven't seen. The only place in North America I have been where I didn't have coverage was Alaska. No big surprise there.

I believe there are dead spots. I just have a hard time believing it is as wide spread as this thread makes it seem.

My best friend with a Verizon phone has shitty service everywhere, so it works both ways.
I've been with ATT/Cingular/et al for 10 years too, buddy. Come to Central PA, I'll show you a ton of places that ATT doesn't get voice service, let alone 3G. I'll also have my MIL stand there with her Verizon phone and call someone.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #105
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:

Had both, AT&T sucks in the southeast. I have traveled all over the Tennessee Valley Area for work in a lot of very very rural places where we hide our dirty coal plants and such. It's shitty service. I would get the iphone to test it out if it came to Verizon. Verizon very rarely lets me down.

The 3G service is very wide spread, AT&T has a much smaller 3G area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 12-22-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #106
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:

I've been with them since they were originally AT&T wireless, too. And to this day, there are a number of places around here where I can tell someone "I'm probably going to lose you in a minute, I'll call you back when I can".

And coverage in the mountains is non-existent. When my friend has his accident out there this summer, I had to chase someone down to use their US Cellular phone to call 911. My wife has come to accept that she won't hear from me for 3-5 hours at at time because I just can't get service.

A lot of your touring you do of the countries is on interstates, right? Cellular networks are built around highways, so that's usually not a problem area. Get out in the sticks though and the difference become very apparent, very quick.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #107
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:

We have an Itouch and like it (though it has been a POS at times) so its like the iPhone...just without the crappy phone part.

So in a way..I like the iPhone.

ATT coverage S-U-C-K-S round here.
Verizon R-U-L-E-S round here.

I can begin a call leaving my house, travel to the train station.
Take the train the 46 miles to NYC, travel through underwater tunnels and walk out to corner of Pennsylvania Station, fart, swear and then proceed to walk the 1.3 miles to work and not lose the call.

With ATT, since we can't even get a decent signal from our house, you have to travel a few miles until you get a bar or two and then stand there. If you move you end up losing the call.

Of all the iPhone folks we know only one has kept it (and ATT) because there theater is located in the only place that gets a great ATT signal and a week Verizon signal.

I beleieve you when you say you have no problems with ATT...mainly because I have no reason to doubt you since location is everything with providers.

It just so happens for a lot of people ATT sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #108
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Nice ninja edit on the poll results. Ghey.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #109
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Nice ninja edit on the poll results. Ghey.
Yeah.

Kinda tough to get an accurate read when someone is always dicking with the results.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #110
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Yeah.

Kinda tough to get an accurate read when someone is always dicking with the results.
You are at 7 votes for iphone, I can still see whats up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote