Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #101
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Actually, that's pretty much exactly what they taught my son in "P.E." about cigarettes and marijuana. They are poisonous and they will kill you if you use them.
and that's not true? Do you want your son to be a drug addict? Pot heads and smokers are in reality drug addicts, right?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #102
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
That's an easy one. I'd be much happier if you weren't such a self important drama queen.

Sorry princess, it's not my job to spin your bed around at night, so the stars can revolve around you.

Yes, about the same amount of time it takes to break down a disposable diaper. You want to save the world, go kill a baby.

No, and neither do you. I would guess that it's far less than the amount of poisons created by all the electronic gizmos you throw away over the course of a year, so WTF is your point?

I know! How cool is that? If only they made nicotine powered cars that would fit in a shirt pocket...

No, I call it happy hour.

What? No benefits? I like it, that's a benefit. You hate it. That's another benefit.

I really don't give a shit if you accept it or not. I don't even like you, so what do I care? As smokers go, I'm very polite about it. I go out of my way to keep my little habit to myself, but no, that's not good enough for you lung-O-nistas. You won't be happy until everyone is just like you.

Well tough shit cupcake. If you see me walking down the sidewalk smoking, feel free to haul your lily ass to the other side of the street.

JC
Admit it, you're too weak and pathetic to break the habit. All smokers say the same weak crap, "I like smoking"...whatever. You are a drug addict. Pure and simple, all the bull crap and posturing in the world won't change that fact. You are committing suicide in slow motion. Have fun hacking up what's left of your lungs...
Old 05-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #103
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Damn all this and I was just stating how I thought it was funny how the smokers had to scramble here to find a place to get their fix
"fix" a very correct and astute use of the word.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #104
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
But upheld by men who felt freedom for all was important enough to sacrifice more blood than was spilled in all other American wars combined.
Nope, more American lives were lost in the Civil War than all others combined.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #105
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
"propaganda"? Father-smoked, throat and lung cancer, Grandfather-smoked, lung cancer, 3 uncles smoked- cancer, cancer and cancer. Sister-smoked, lung cancer, brother- smoked- throat then lung cancer. It is not propaganda that smoking causes cancer, are you seriously that delusional?
omg some of you believe in man made global warming but you don't believe that smoking causes cancer, really?

Dealing with the public means that I have to put up with anything you decide to produce? Heck, maybe I'll blow off some chlorine gas every few minutes because I like it...deal with it. Maybe I'll shoot pepper spray into your face every once in a while... deal with it.
All 4 grandparents smoked heavily for over 40 years. 1 died at 89, 2 died in their 90s, one is healthy and will be having her 90th birthday party this summer. 3 never got or still haven't gotten cancer. One had it, was treated, recovered, and died from something else. I'm sorry you had to deal with all that cancer in your family and I'm sure smoking played a role, but even for smokers that is outside the norm.

The propaganda isn't that the risk of cancer, heart disease, emphysema, or dying at a young age increases by smoking. I'm sure there are people out there who dispute that but I'm not one of them. The propaganda isn't that smokers increase their risk of these things, the propaganda is that they WILL develop these things due to smoking.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #106
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Nope, more American lives were lost in the Civil War than all others combined.
I'm pretty sure the Civil War is the war he was referring to.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #107
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
All 4 grandparents smoked heavily for over 40 years. 1 died at 89, 2 died in their 90s, one is healthy and will be having her 90th birthday party this summer. 3 never got or still haven't gotten cancer. One had it, was treated, recovered, and died from something else. I'm sorry you had to deal with all that cancer in your family and I'm sure smoking played a role, but even for smokers that is outside the norm.

The propaganda isn't that the risk of cancer, heart disease, emphysema, or dying at a young age increases by smoking. I'm sure there are people out there who dispute that but I'm not one of them. The propaganda isn't that smokers increase their risk of these things, the propaganda is that they WILL develop these things due to smoking.
Okay so you can point to a few people who are "resistant" and ignore the millions that prove that smoking causes cancer? My family is the norm in this case, your family is the exception. IMHO of course. We don't have to speculate or listen to "propaganda", Take 100 lung cancer patients and ask them if they smoke...what do you think the outcome will be?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #108
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Civil War is the war he was referring to.
Oh I thought that he was referring to the Revolutionary War considering the "country establishment" talk... The country was almost 100 years old during the Civil War.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #109
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Okay so you can point to a few people who are "resistant" and ignore the millions that prove that smoking causes cancer? My family is the norm in this case, your family is the exception. IMHO of course. We don't have to speculate or listen to "propaganda", Take 100 lung cancer patients and ask them if they smoke...what do you think the outcome will be?
All doing what you are suggesting proves is smoking increases a person's risk of getting lung cancer, something I already agreed with. What you are looking for is the chance of a smoker developing lung cancer over the course of their life. According to a study done in Canada in the late 80s around 17% of male smokers develop lung cancer and around 11% of female smokers develop lung cancer. I didn't post my family's history to demonstrate the norm. Their history is abnormal, but so is your family's.

Quote:
Oh I thought that he was referring to the Revolutionary War considering the "country establishment" talk... The country was almost 100 years old during the Civil War.
I was the one referring to the founding fathers and put it in context by saying they believed it was OK to own people as property. Kaneman's statement "But upheld by men" indicating to me it was a different group of men, not the ones who established our freedom, and the "who felt freedom for all" tells me he was referring to the Civil War as the founders didn't care about "all" (but as I said, neither did the Civil War guys if the all was the half with girl parts)
Old 05-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #110
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
That's an easy one. I'd be much happier if you weren't such a self important drama queen.
Since when have personality traits been a health hazard?
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote