Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #101
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Yeah cuz college kids usually are poor. But go to a Walmart in a town without a college, and it's just regular poor people. Read: no eye candy.
I've been to Walmarts in quite a few areas without colleges in various socio-economic areas. There are some that are filled with failure and some that are filled with not failure. Same with every other store. I can go to Publix or Target both here and anywhere else and find a different mix of hot and not. So many people are so damn quick to bash Walmart because it's easy that they glaze over how shitty everywhere else is. Any store where the public goes is a majority collection of the dregs of society because most of us are ugly in many ways. And I'll counter the economic factor with Whole Foods. I've been to three different ones in three different states, all in wealthier areas. There are a good chunk of miserably ugly, low class people who clog the isles of Whole Foods, and it has nothing to do with how much money they have.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #102
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I've been to Walmarts in quite a few areas without colleges in various socio-economic areas. There are some that are filled with failure and some that are filled with not failure. Same with every other store. I can go to Publix or Target both here and anywhere else and find a different mix of hot and not. So many people are so damn quick to bash Walmart because it's easy that they glaze over how shitty everywhere else is. Any store where the public goes is a majority collection of the dregs of society because most of us are ugly in many ways. And I'll counter the economic factor with Whole Foods. I've been to three different ones in three different states, all in wealthier areas. There are a good chunk of miserably ugly, low class people who clog the isles of Whole Foods, and it has nothing to do with how much money they have.
I dunno, walmart seems to draw in the lower rungs of the economic food chain compared to lets say, a sears
Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #103
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I never said it was "restricted" to the lower-class. I simply said lower-class people were more LIKELY to act/dress stupid.

And WTF with the pictures you posted -- How often are you going to see a gay pride parade walk into a retail store and buy something?

BTW, as for San Francisco, it is really only 1 burrough (Castro) that is known for being mostly gay. The rest of the metro area is probably no more or less gay than any other metro area.
Dude, it's fucking stereotyping just like you are doing..... Catch on slow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I dunno, walmart seems to draw in the lower rungs of the economic food chain compared to lets say, a sears
Sears is the bottom most rung here. It's right there with K-mart. It's 100x worse than walmart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #104
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Yeah cuz college kids usually are poor. But go to a Walmart in a town without a college, and it's just regular poor people. Read: no eye candy.
How often do you go to walmart? You say you never go there. The walmart in my town that is far away from the University of Tennessee gets a large amount rich people. They drift over from the rich suburb that is adjacent to my town.

That suburb has their own "fancy" walmart and target. They don't go to that one because it attracts everyone from the city.

If you go to the inner city walmarts or the walmarts out in the middle of nowhere, you will see the people of walmart people. That's where they live and thats the only place to do decent shopping for everyone there. If you go to the "fancy" walmarts or walmarts near the fancy part of town, you will see a different population in there.

The fact is Walmart is normally the only game in town for a lot of places, you will get a wide variety of class of people. Target doesn't build stores where Wally world does or you would see people of target as well. Wally world doesn't target a certain population like Target, they target everyone and don't really care who buys from them as long as they buy.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 03-25-2011 at 10:04 PM..
Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #105
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Dude, it's fucking stereotyping just like you are doing..... Catch on slow...

Sears is the bottom most rung here. It's right there with K-mart. It's 100x worse than walmart.
not including the tool dept in sears though, the rest of the store is a free for all. Best I saw at sears was a woman who was a few bagels over 400 pounds resting on a piece of exercise equipment. I wanted to get a pic but she was staring at me the whole time, thought she was going to eat me
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #106
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
not including the tool dept in sears though, the rest of the store is a free for all. Best I saw at sears was a woman who was a few bagels over 400 pounds resting on a piece of exercise equipment. I wanted to get a pic but she was staring at me the whole time, thought she was going to eat me
If she could have figured out how to fire up one of the demo grills, you may not be here to retell the tale.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #107
derf
token jewboy

Quote:

I never really make it that far into sears past teh tool dept, I thought it was a better store than that.

Anyway I thought that Kmart went under. The only people that would shop there cant afford to shop there
Old 03-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #108
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I never really make it that far into sears past teh tool dept, I thought it was a better store than that.

Anyway I thought that Kmart went under. The only people that would shop there cant afford to shop there
Yeah craftsman being stuck at Sears and Kmart sucks.

I thought there was a few stores left, I didn't think they went completely under.
Quote:
Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #109
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Yeah craftsman being stuck at Sears and Kmart sucks.

I thought there was a few stores left, I didn't think they went completely under.
TThe last time I saw a Kmart has to have been at least 5 years ago, probably closer to 10.

And I love craftsman at sears, anytime I need to swap out some broken tools, or need to buy some new tools, sears is right at the local mall, has what I want (I wish I could say cheap), and has a lifetime waranty.

A few years ago I broke the craftman ratchet my father-in-law gave me. he bought it, probably in the 60s, and it has had a hard life. Anyway, it stopped ratcheting on me one day so I brouyght it in, they couldnt swap it for a comparrable model because the size wasnt being produced anymore. They wound up giving me 3 new ratchets (1/4, 1/2. and 3/4) plus a couple hundred piece socket set because all my old sockets wouldnt work with the new ratchets. All they asked me for was a list of what stuff I had that was compatible with the ratchet didnt even ask me to bring the old stuff in. It was probably 2-300 worth of tools they gave me, and teh old sockets were compatible with the new ratchets
Old 03-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #110
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
TThe last time I saw a Kmart has to have been at least 5 years ago, probably closer to 10.

And I love craftsman at sears, anytime I need to swap out some broken tools, or need to buy some new tools, sears is right at the local mall, has what I want (I wish I could say cheap), and has a lifetime waranty.

A few years ago I broke the craftman ratchet my father-in-law gave me. he bought it, probably in the 60s, and it has had a hard life. Anyway, it stopped ratcheting on me one day so I brouyght it in, they couldnt swap it for a comparrable model because the size wasnt being produced anymore. They wound up giving me 3 new ratchets (1/4, 1/2. and 3/4) plus a couple hundred piece socket set because all my old sockets wouldnt work with the new ratchets. All they asked me for was a list of what stuff I had that was compatible with the ratchet didnt even ask me to bring the old stuff in. It was probably 2-300 worth of tools they gave me, and teh old sockets were compatible with the new ratchets
We don't have a close sears is why I hate it being at Sears. Wish it was at Walmart, that would be awesome. You could do change outs anywhere.

That probably will be where it ends up when Sears finally goes away.
Quote: