Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #101
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi View Post
Ok here's my beast....

2004 CBR 600 F4i
Bought new 10-17-04 (first bike), now at 146,700 miles and counting.
Fucking shit dude! That is some serious mileage on that ride! Insane.....

OK, 2001 CBR 929rr
5011 miles, ain't that some shit?
Mezlter rear
Michelin front
Scorpion titanium slip on
Fender eliminator
Tank pad
Rear LED's

Main use....tearing up those stupid ricers with the nasty ass fart cans!! I just like to ride, doesn't matter if it's hard or easy as long as I am out on the asphalt wasting fuel. It's the most relaxing thing that I have ever found to do.

Looking to add a steering damper, -2 rear, frame sliders, different mirrors/mirror spacers, I'VE GOT TO ADD A RED PINSTRIPE ON THE WHEELS! Really though, I think that's the hotness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB040005.JPG (62.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg PB040003.JPG (57.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg PB040007.JPG (38.6 KB, 77 views)
ZUKIMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #102
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post

Looking to add a steering damper, -2 rear, frame sliders, different mirrors/mirror spacers, I'VE GOT TO ADD A RED PINSTRIPE ON THE WHEELS! Really though, I think that's the hotness.
do you mean +2 on the rear instead of minus?

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #103
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

My Tard

xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #104
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
do you mean +2 on the rear instead of minus?

No, I put what I meant. Stupid keyboard......I didn't pay attention. I hit the wrong key. Yes, +2 on rear, or maybe -1 on the front. What's the major difference between the two anyhow??
Old 02-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #105
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

-1 on the front has more drastic effect than + 1 on the rear... depending on your ratio.. -1 usually equals about +2 on the rear

ETA: I'm retarded -F is = +R

Last edited by Mr Lefty; 02-12-2009 at 02:58 PM..
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #106
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Gotcha. I've never messed around with regearing any of my bikes, but it seems like anytime I ask anyone localy at any of the shops, they have varrying opinions on which end to do.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #107
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi View Post

2004 CBR 600 F4i
Bought new 10-17-04 (first bike), now at 146,700 miles and counting.

Just out of curiousity.......how many tires, chains and sprockets have you went through?? I'm sure you've kept count.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #108
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
Gotcha. I've never messed around with regearing any of my bikes, but it seems like anytime I ask anyone localy at any of the shops, they have varrying opinions on which end to do.
sorry my post was retarded... - F is the same as +R so usually -1F is +2 Rear...

well you don't usually wanna go more than -1 on the front because it's such a small sprocket it means loosing a tooth makes the bend the chain does very tight... it can cause your chain to fail.

I did -1 f +2 rear and it was a pretty drastic change... killed my mileage... but was fun. if I was to do it all again I'd probably leave the stock gearing... maybe go + 1 or 2R and that's it

also if you've done -1 on the rear means your geared up... better mileage... and less acceleration... but higher top speed.

Last edited by Mr Lefty; 02-12-2009 at 03:00 PM..
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #109
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Here are my Current Rides
The one I use most often is the O5 Busa LE
She is Running a Hahn Racecraft Turbo and Secondary Fuel Rail. Currently she puts down 257 rear wheel Horse Power with max 139 foot pounds of Torque. All of this is done without any extra holes in the plastic and run out thru a Micron can on the back .I have also upgraded the brakes to Galfler SS lines and xx pads. Cooling is handle by a Muzzy fan and a RCC Fan temperature sensor relocation kit. For the sake of comfort Heli Bars , the Buell Drop peg conversion and a set of heated grips. She has about 13k on here and I commute the 50 miles to work on her almost daily
Next up is my Ego Cruise as my wife calls it. It is a 01 Victory V92C with the following changes
The motor has been bored out to 101 CI running J&E 10.5 to 1pistons the exhaust and intake valves have been opened up and the Cams are reground Andrews producing 104 rear wheel HP 100 foot pounds of torque. The paint is stock on the fenders and the side covers and tank were reworked by a local guy who did a great job The seat is a Corbin Hollywood Solo and matching Pillion Both have flames stitched in black on black. The wheels are stock Victory Chrome spokes bought on the cheap a because they had been poorly maintained and were flaking. I had them powder coated black along with the foot boards and the front end. I honestly can’t remember where I got the bags or who made the exhaust.
My Nasty girl is my 05 Ducati 999 bi post.
Bought as a leftover in 05 the only real modification has been to swap in a 3 over rear sprocket . I will be the first to tell you I have never ridden this bike to its full potential but god it makes even someone with limited skills like me look good. I swear this chassis is telepathic and that even a duffer like me can drag a knee.
Last and by no mean least My Super Sized sport bike an 06 Goldwing
It has no real modification as I ordered most everything I wanted on it. CB great cause the truckers let you know where the speed traps are 6 disc changer AM FM , weather radio nav heated grips and heated seats . For all you guys that thing the GL1800 is a wallowing Cruiser I suggest you spend a day on one. You will find that it is much more like a sport standard that you have ever imagined. This is the puppy I ride when I am changing time zones!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #110
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

I noticed that, but I thought that I would give you the chance to redeem yourself.