Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #101
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
I know he's not picking on me...

Being preggers hasn't really skewed my perspective per say, rather just reinforced why I wouldn't want to be grossly overweight as this baby weight is hard on my body as it is.

People can def. be larger and overweight by BMI standards but be very healthy.

I just cant imagine having a beer gut or 100 extra pounds and want to exercise/be active like I once was. I find this uncomfortable.

And one thing I found, eating is difficult. I can't lean forward to reach my plate as I cant breathe. I realized I just spilled some mushed carrot/turnip down my freak'n shirt from dinner. How attractive is that? Something was itching my boob!!! This wouldn't happen if I didn't have to balance my plate on my baby kegger!!!
Oh no! I was just commenting on someone else digging on you (check the quote). I just think that background for the most part dictates perspective. You can only discuss things based on your experience. Heck, one of my biggest problems with the "modern age" is that most people now discuss subjects as if they've experienced them first hand when their only connection to it has been the media or the internet. For example my gf will argue crab fishing with you like she's an old salt!!! Seriously!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #102
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Theres another system that incorporates ones body frame into the equation. As per the BMI tables at 6'4 I think you should weigh like 180 or 190, unless i loose a leg that aint happening any time soon

Tom
You and me both brother!!! I haven't weighed <190 since I got out of the Army!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #103
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh no! I was just commenting on someone else digging on you (check the quote). I just think that background for the most part dictates perspective. You can only discuss things based on your experience. Heck, one of my biggest problems with the "modern age" is that most people now discuss subjects as if they've experienced them first hand when their only connection to it has been the media or the internet. For example my gf will argue crab fishing with you like she's an old salt!!! Seriously!
Big fan of the deadliest catch. its one of my current faves as well. i think th eproblem is these reality shows almsot make it look easy and that anyone can do it.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #104
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
You and me both brother!!! I haven't weighed <190 since I got out of the Army!
8th grade for me. freshman football I weighed in at 202 pounds and was 5'11.

granted I was a bit chunky then but started lifting and built more muscle.

Tom
Old 07-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #105
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Big fan of the deadliest catch. its one of my current faves as well. i think th eproblem is these reality shows almsot make it look easy and that anyone can do it.

Tom
Yea that's the show! She never misses it! Yep it looks like they go out for a month and come back with $50,000 each in the bank!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #106
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
8th grade for me. freshman football I weighed in at 202 pounds and was 5'11.

granted I was a bit chunky then but started lifting and built more muscle.

Tom
Yea when I joined the Army I weighed 161lbs at 6'4''... Trust me the Drills made sure I took seconds at every meal and would make me run laps and do push-ups at every opportunity!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #107
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Theres another system that incorporates ones body frame into the equation. As per the BMI tables at 6'4 I think you should weigh like 180 or 190, unless i loose a leg that aint happening any time soon

Tom
I'm not even overweight, let alone obese. I think their charts were skewed to make people think they are fat.

My friend that was with me made a good point. So when someone comes in who is obese, do they tell them they are dead?
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #108
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I'm not even overweight, let alone obese. I think their charts were skewed to make people think they are fat.

My friend that was with me made a good point. So when someone comes in who is obese, do they tell them they are dead?
The BMI charts are prety standard albeit a crock IMO but the gyms will use it as a tool to try to get you to join or use a trainer as well.

Tom
Old 07-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #109
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Yea when I joined the Army I weighed 161lbs at 6'4
wtf
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #110
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post

It's like there's two extreme ends of the spectrum and most people don't fit either. Some people think they are fat if they can "pinch an inch" and some think that they are average or even healthy with a gut hanging over their pants. A girlfriend and I joined "Plenty of Fish" a few years a go as a joke and I still get messages once in a while...it's funny what some women consider to be an average body type these days! IMHO my gf is "average" but she'd have to go a long way to be considered obese. I guess it's another perspective issue.