Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #111
t-homo
WSB Champion

PS3. I'll probably just hit up blockbuster or family video to check it out first.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #112
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Ahh. Well I def recommend it.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #113
t-homo
WSB Champion

Fair. I'll check it out.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #114
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
For online on the CoD, are there vehicles? If so its kinda turnin me off from it.
There are tanks, as mentioned, and at first it bothered me as well, but what works out pretty good for the overall balance is that the levels with tanks are very well laid out and of good design that it's not just a matter of whoever gets the tanks automatically wins. It just becomes a nice plus. Also, from what I noticed in online play (on the PS3 at least) it's a primary goal for everyone playing to rush to the tank. I've been in rounds where only one guy hops in the tanks for about 2 minutes then hops out and that's it. It's not like Gaylo where every little douchebag runs for a Warthog and then all you see for the whole round is a Warthog blazing through the level mowing people down.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #115
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
It's not like Gaylo where every little douchebag runs for a Warthog and then all you see for the whole round is a Warthog blazing through the level mowing people down.
That is exactly what I was worried about. I normally play hardcore on CoD4, meaning it only takes like 2-3 shots to kill someone or be killed. So if it were like how you described halo style, it would be impossible to do anything.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #116
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
That is exactly what I was worried about. I normally play hardcore on CoD4, meaning it only takes like 2-3 shots to kill someone or be killed. So if it were like how you described halo style, it would be impossible to do anything.
It's definitely not like Halo. I despise Halo with a burning passion of a million suns, and if WaW even remotely resembled that kind of online play, I'd sell it in a heartbeat. Thankfully, it's virtually identical to COD4 in game play with an incredibly well balanced set up that stops any of that Halo horseshit from taking place. A tank is a fun thing to experience and can be an excellent tool when used strategically, but in no way does someone hopping in a tank guarantee a win, especially when there are enough tanks spread out that both teams can grab one.

From my experience playing it, here's what happens on a map with a tank:

One person (or two since the tank will hold a main gunner and a machine gunner) will grab a tank while everyone else runs around doing the typical battle. The tank takes forever to get to the action, so by the time you reach the fight, you're behind in kills. Someone from the other team will snipe the machine gunner right away, eliminating that portion of the threat. The other teams tank will get there and it turns into a tank on tank battle while everyone else is either killing each other or lighting up the tanks with bazookas or tank grenades. Then about half way through the round, the tanks tend to be abandoned and it's game on as usual.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 11-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #117
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Just drop an Artilerry Strike on the bitch and a couple Satchel charges and your set
Old 11-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #118
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Just drop an Artilerry Strike on the bitch and a couple Satchel charges and your set
On a seperate note, I fucking love the sound of the Artillery Strike. I need to find a nice clean sound bite of it so I can use it as a ringer on my phone.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #119
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Got the new World Superbike game that came out recently.. picked it up today. Its the 08 version that just got released in the states the other day or something, so no Ben Spies, but its sweet. Its only $30. Offical title is SBK: Superbike World Championship

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:21 AM   #120
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

playing the piss out of cod4 right now

khajjathefang on ps3
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote