Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #111
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 07 CBR 600RR

Aw, Rider. I'm sorry to read all of this. You love riding. Are you sure about giving it up?
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #112
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
Aw, Rider. I'm sorry to read all of this. You love riding. Are you sure about giving it up?
I don't know yet. Really. I keep thinking that if I had tumbled another 2 feet further, it would have been my head or chest under the wheel of the truck and not my leg. I got real lucky. I have 2 kids to think about.

The thing about it is. There was NOTHING I could have done differently that could have avoided that accident. I did everything right but shit just happens. Had I been screwing around or even just speeding, I could chalk it up to a dumb mistake. This was no mistake on my part. I have all winter to think about it though.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #113
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah I had knee problems before I even started riding on the street. Now I don't know, I cant hardly bend my knee at all without pain. When a dump truck rolls over your leg it fucks your shit up. If I was going to buy something right now... It would probably be a motard or a VFR800. Something a little more upright and comfortable. I wouldn't rule out a Buell street fighter either.
You always think about hanging it up after a crash. My shitty low side gave me the same thoughts. Heal up...see how it feels...then think about it again. The toughest part is waiting a long time to get back on the bike. The sooner you can get back on the better.

The first time I crashed I didn't ride again for 3 months. The first ride was tough. The low side I had a month ago wasn't as bad....as soon as my parts came in I rode again...only a two and a half week lay off.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #114
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Quote:
Yeah I had knee problems before I even started riding on the street. Now I don't know, I cant hardly bend my knee at all without pain. When a dump truck rolls over your leg it fucks your shit up. If I was going to buy something right now... It would probably be a motard or a VFR800. Something a little more upright and comfortable. I wouldn't rule out a Buell street fighter either.
Even with knee probs you don't have to give up riding. You may need to go to a more cruiser oriented bike but not have to stop all together. Good luck I hope you feel better soon!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #115
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
The thing about it is. There was NOTHING I could have done differently that could have avoided that accident. I did everything right but shit just happens. Had I been screwing around or even just speeding, I could chalk it up to a dumb mistake. This was no mistake on my part. I have all winter to think about it though.
That kind of wreck is a one in a million occurrence, so the chances of another wreck where you have done nothing wrong and it still reaches up and bites you are pretty slim. That having been said, riding is risky, and always will be.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #116
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
I don't know yet. Really. I keep thinking that if I had tumbled another 2 feet further, it would have been my head or chest under the wheel of the truck and not my leg. I got real lucky. I have 2 kids to think about.

I know what you're going through. Have you thought about the track more and street less?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #117
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I know what you're going through. Have you thought about the track more and street less?
That could be an option.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #118
Katherine
WERA Yellow Plate

After riding with you in Indy, I think you'd be great on the track. It'll satisfy that riding need and can do it with the most amount of precaution. People still get hurt out there, but it's usually due to their own errors.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #119
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
After riding with you in Indy, I think you'd be great on the track. It'll satisfy that riding need and can do it with the most amount of precaution. People still get hurt out there, but it's usually due to their own errors.

The woman spouts truth!! I know several people these days that save most of their riding for the track and are happy doing so.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #120
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
And, it's much more controlled. Meaning, if there is injury to body or bike it is usually managed.

I don't want to paint the picture that nothing will happen at the track... but the likelyhood of outside forces causing something is much more slim.

I'm sorry your brain is into such a spin. Heal well, heal quickly and completely. THEN, make decisions. Don't ever decide anything until you are well.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote