Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #111
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Okay so you can point to a few people who are "resistant" and ignore the millions that prove that smoking causes cancer? My family is the norm in this case, your family is the exception. IMHO of course. We don't have to speculate or listen to "propaganda", Take 100 lung cancer patients and ask them if they smoke...what do you think the outcome will be?
Not to mention a lot of the other problems smoking is linked to.

Another factoid is nicotine is the most addicitve "drug" currently known and is actualy worse than heroin.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #112
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
All doing what you are suggesting proves is smoking increases a person's risk of getting lung cancer, something I already agreed with. What you are looking for is the chance of a smoker developing lung cancer over the course of their life. According to a study done in Canada in the late 80s around 17% of male smokers develop lung cancer and around 11% of female smokers develop lung cancer. I didn't post my family's history to demonstrate the norm. Their history is abnormal, but so is your family's.

I was the one referring to the founding fathers and put it in context by saying they believed it was OK to own people as property. Kaneman's statement "But upheld by men" indicating to me it was a different group of men, not the ones who established our freedom, and the "who felt freedom for all" tells me he was referring to the Civil War as the founders didn't care about "all" (but as I said, neither did the Civil War guys if the all was the half with girl parts)
this country was founded on inequality, on that we can agree.

You have a right to property, unless you are an American Indian

You have a right to freedom, unless you are black

You have the right to vote, unless you are a woman

etc
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #113
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Not to mention a lot of the other problems smoking is linked to.

Another factoid is nicotine is the most addicitve "drug" currently known and is actualy worse than heroin.
Hence smokers=drug addicts. Next, crack addicts will be lobbying to be allowed to smoke crack in bars. Excuse us for not being dope fiends. Please pardon us for not being more understanding and allowing you to practice your disgusting/filthy addiction in our presence...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #114
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Admit it, you're too weak and pathetic to break the habit. All smokers say the same weak crap, "I like smoking"...whatever. You are a drug addict. Pure and simple, all the bull crap and posturing in the world won't change that fact. You are committing suicide in slow motion. Have fun hacking up what's left of your lungs...
Yes, I can admit that. I'm a drug addict. The question is, what business is that of yours? Did I ask for your fucking opinion? No, and yet here you are...

Quote:
Okay so you can point to a few people who are "resistant" and ignore the millions that prove that smoking causes cancer? My family is the norm in this case, your family is the exception. IMHO of course. We don't have to speculate or listen to "propaganda", Take 100 lung cancer patients and ask them if they smoke...what do you think the outcome will be?
If I recall correctly, you just got over throat cancer yourself. I'm sorry that your family has the genes of sickly albino hamsters, but it sounds to me like they were going to get cancer anyway. I've already had it. I won. I'm the Chuck Fucking Norris of health problems. I don't worry about cancer, cancer worries about me.

At the end of the day, smoking is just like anything else. You pay your money, and you take your chances. As much as I hate to quote the Greatfull Dead, "I may be going to hell in a bucket baby, but at least I'm enjoying the ride."

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Since when have personality traits been a health hazard?
Think about it.

Quote:
Hence smokers=drug addicts. Next, crack addicts will be lobbying to be allowed to smoke crack in bars. Excuse us for not being dope fiends. Please pardon us for not being more understanding and allowing you to practice your disgusting/filthy addiction in our presence...
Again, who the fuck asked you to be understanding? You don't have the right to not "allow" me to do anything. As far as I'm concerned, you can take your "presence", and stick it up your ass, (providing there's still some room in there, next to your head).

JC
Old 05-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #115
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Think about it.
Well maybe if you let it bother you that much to affect your health then yeah, but if you let it affect you that much, well, you need to check your priorities.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #116
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

almost all my friends smoke and I have no problem with it. What I do have a problem with is them throwing their butts on my driveway, yard, landscaping like they will just desolve in a few hours/days. I HATE picking that shit up.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #117
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
almost all my friends smoke and I have no problem with it. What I do have a problem with is them throwing their butts on my driveway, yard, landscaping like they will just desolve in a few hours/days. I HATE picking that shit up.
That is why I "field strip" my butts (knock the cherry off and roll up the end to make sure it is out) and throw them in an outside trashcan or my pocket.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #118
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
That is why I "field strip" my butts (knock the cherry off and roll up the end to make sure it is out) and throw them in an outside trashcan or my pocket.
Most don't though. Most just flick the butts out the window of their car because they don't want to be bothered to empty the ash tray in their car.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #119
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
Well you are a rarity. Most smokers I see just throw them on the ground.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #120
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Most don't though. Most just flick the butts out the window of their car because they don't want to be bothered to empty the ash tray in their car.
Don't get me wrong, I fire them out of the car window (after checking rearview for motorcycles first). There is a difference to me between putting them in an already littered median vs. dropping them in someone's lawn.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote