Old 03-26-2011, 12:19 AM   #111
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
....3) Their checkouts suck.

Self checkout ftmfw

They removed all the self checkouts in the Walmarts here because the Mexicans were stealing shit left and right. So now you have to stand in line for 20 min. to checkout.

That is another thing why Walmarts in CA suck. MEXICANS...fuck there is like a million in there at any given time. Target has much much less.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #112
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
How often do you go to walmart? You say you never go there. The walmart in my town that is far away from the University of Tennessee gets a large amount rich people. They drift over from the rich suburb that is adjacent to my town.

That suburb has their own "fancy" walmart and target. They don't go to that one because it attracts everyone from the city.

If you go to the inner city walmarts or the walmarts out in the middle of nowhere, you will see the people of walmart people. That's where they live and thats the only place to do decent shopping for everyone there. If you go to the "fancy" walmarts or walmarts near the fancy part of town, you will see a different population in there.

The fact is Walmart is normally the only game in town for a lot of places, you will get a wide variety of class of people. Target doesn't build stores where Wally world does or you would see people of target as well. Wally world doesn't target a certain population like Target, they target everyone and don't really care who buys from them as long as they buy.
Disagreed..........In the big metros I've lived in (San Diego, San Fran, Denver) there were always at least 10-15 Targets and 8-10 Walmarts. In the same metro area. And they just put them wherever they want to. It's not like Target only puts them in "upscale" areas. They put them wherever they can get a good deal on the land. Often you will see a Target and a Walmart within 1 mile of each other. They don't care. Which means there's nothing preventing the exact same people from going to both of those stores. But they don't. The attractive/well-behaved people go to Target, the rejects go to Wal-Mart.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-26-2011 at 12:36 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #113
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Yeah craftsman being stuck at Sears and Kmart sucks.

I thought there was a few stores left, I didn't think they went completely under.
K-Mart went chapter 13 and just came back out and are building back up again.

There are a few around here still.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #114
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Whatever man, I wouldn't have written those reasons if I didn't believe in them. You're saying ANY store as busy as Walmart would be full of annoying people? Except the number of people isn't the big factor here......it's the quality of people. I know this will sound elitist, but the average low-income person doesn't behave as well as a higher-income person. Their kids typically aren't well-behaved, they dress like ass (I don't want to see thongs on a 250-lb person), and they're often loud as hell when they talk (I don't want to hear what you and your "bros" did yesterday). Again, opinions may vary, but that's my experience.

And good for you if you've memorized where each department is in your Walmart. Either your Walmart is small, or you go often enough to have it memorized. I don't feel obligated to memorize anything. I feel I should be able to stand anywhere in the store and see what kind of stuff is over on the other side. With Target, you can, because their shelves are lower.

And BTW, at the Walmarts out here, they take what would have been a nice 12-ft wide aisle, and turn it into 2 4-ft aisles with a 4-ft pile of crap in the middle. Retarded.
I guess that's the difference between you and me... I act like I'm better than some people, but you really believe it.

And it's not hat I have a detailed mental map of the store... I can walk into any store, mall, etc once and get a basic layout of things... I don't need to know the exact shelf location for the mustard... I just know where the grocery section is... Otherwise at the end of each aisle, there's a handy sign telling me what's there... The argument that you can't see all of those signs from across the store is ridiculous IMHO.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #115
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
K-Mart went chapter 13 and just came back out and are building back up again.

There are a few around here still.
K-mart is now Sears (they bought them) I think they even sell Craftsman tools now...
Old 03-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #116
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

They do, they have been for awhile.

We got an aldi. I haven't been there yet. It's brand new. Just saw it when I went to the yota dealership.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #117
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Picture taken at the local Walmart today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dude bunny.jpg (323.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #118
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Went to aldi, its totally the land of crap.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #119
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
That's right, because every dickhead on the internet is a fucking genius and has a blog...

BTW - 'George Bush Saint' produces over 9,020,000 results.

Everybody just hates the guy on top... Microsoft is evil, WalMart is evil, etc, etc... It's just so cool to hate on corporate America and even cooler to hate on the top dogs in corporate America.

WalMart hatred is bullshit!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1eb_1230451844
Sounds like HD in cruisers and Suzuki in sportbikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The Meijer I grew up near had a frigging barbers shop in it. And a jungle gym in the center of the store for kids to play in.
Yep, the old taylor one did.

Quote:
If they are generic, I probably wouldn't shop at them anyway. Like I said before, I buy my groceries at more of a grocery store where I can get good produce. I don't really shop at walmart for the prices anyway. I shop there because it's the super mart that's close. If it was Meijers or Target, I would shop there. I am not loyal to Wally world by any means.
What a nazi!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #120
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
TThe last time I saw a Kmart has to have been at least 5 years ago, probably closer to 10.

And I love craftsman at sears, anytime I need to swap out some broken tools, or need to buy some new tools, sears is right at the local mall, has what I want (I wish I could say cheap), and has a lifetime waranty.
Kmart is still around, and probably will always be.

Sears, I don't know why anyone would shop there except for hardware or appliances. Their clothes are garbage. They tried to spruce things up by adding Lands End, but that brand is way too conservative.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote