Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #111
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

What a mess.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #112
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Close but not actually my bike...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #113
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Yeh I found a guy who is selling a gas tank and a full set of bodywork, but the add also included the frame, swing arm, wheels, and a few other things. I'm gonna offer him $500 for the parts I need, and hopefully he will figure out if he has an F3 front wheel and I'll throw in another $100 for that too.

then I see how much they can get for the bike, if it gets totaled I will definately buy it back, the damage is just cometic, and it rides fine. Plus the inspection to get the bike un salvaged is hard if there is actual damage to the bike. If there was frame damage I would have to get any welds xrayed, but since it is just plastic and the tank all I would need to do is show that I bought new parts. Hell I could get away with bringing it there the way it is now.

Anyway my current thoughts are that if it gets totaled for the damage I will buy it back, then use the rest of the insurance $$$ and trade it in for something newer.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #114
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
If I go through the courts I am going to sue for parts from the dealership, plus any costs associated with the whole deal, including the fee to get it out of impound (lawyer said that one is hot or miss depends on the judge), tolls, gas, time, court fees, and the condom I will use when I rape him over the coals. There are still some things up in the air, and there is also the possibilty that the bike will be totaled by the adjuster which could suck.
My advice, leave your Super-Jew Calculator at home. If you walk into court asking for all that, the Judge might just peg you as a gold-digger, and send you on your way. The tow truck assholes were asked by the cops to tow your bike, so if you want your impound fees back, you'll have to ask them, (that's not happening). Time, gas, and tolls..that shit ain't happening either. Court costs, that maybe you can get.

I'd ask for parts and labor, buy the parts, and pocket the difference.

Oh, and the BBB? Useless. The BBB only gives out info to people who ask for it. Who calls the BBB before they hire a tow-truck? Nobody.

JC
Old 07-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #115
derf
token jewboy

Actually thats the stuff the lawyer said I should ask for, but he did say that teh impound fees were very questionable
Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #116
derf
token jewboy

Another update.

I have my insurance company (Rider) and I filed a claim with them against the tow company, but since I have liability I have to wait for the tow company insurance to deal with them. However they wont give me their insurance company info. So now rider called them and wont give up the insurance info.

I have a feeling that monday I I am going to be in philly filing a claim in small claims court. I just talked to the lawyer and he is sending a letter to the tow company too.

And on the plus side... (thanks to Dave for the lead)

I just made a deal to buy a new gas tank and full fairing set for $500, which is cheaper than the cheapo plastics off ebay and a new gas tank.

I am so fucking pissed I am going on the offensive now.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #117
derf
token jewboy

The guy just threw in the 17" front wheel for an extra $100
Old 07-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #118
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

damn thats everything you were looking for lol. a local lawyer sent me an advertisement i think im gonna call him tomo and see what he can offer
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #119
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
damn thats everything you were looking for lol. a local lawyer sent me an advertisement i think im gonna call him tomo and see what he can offer
For the court date?

Anyway I picked up the bodywork, and it is immaculate, perfect, not even scratches on it. Plus the guy gave me the 17" front wheel as an added bonus (and added cost). Although the guy was kind of shady I also got the feeling that there is a possibility of the parts being stolen though He must have had a half dozen bikes in his garage in different states of dissassembly. Je told me that he does custom work on the side replacing parts and such, but I really don't know, I didnt see any custom parts laying around.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #120
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
For the court date?

Anyway I picked up the bodywork, and it is immaculate, perfect, not even scratches on it. Plus the guy gave me the 17" front wheel as an added bonus (and added cost). Although the guy was kind of shady I also got the feeling that there is a possibility of the parts being stolen though He must have had a half dozen bikes in his garage in different states of dissassembly. Je told me that he does custom work on the side replacing parts and such, but I really don't know, I didnt see any custom parts laying around.
yeah, im up to like frigging 9 of the goddamned things. i thinkim gonna call around and see who can do the best dear or whatever. shady, meh. you never know, coulda been legit. i mean prob not it was on craigslist lol but hey, maybe? and now your shits gonna look bling
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote