Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #131
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
PA has no lifetime. It's simply the $19/5yr.

Can you open carry without a permit? We can not. Can any state open carry w/o a permit?
We just started the lifetime license a couple years ago. We need the permit to be able to carry at all, including having it loaded in the car. If you don't have a permit and you're traveling to a range or something, you can have it in the car, but it has to be completely unloaded AND have a trigger lock, or be in a case. Not sure about other states. I think I've only seen one person open carry in the last 8 years and he looked like an off duty cop.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #132
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
We just started the lifetime license a couple years ago. We need the permit to be able to carry at all, including having it loaded in the car. If you don't have a permit and you're traveling to a range or something, you can have it in the car, but it has to be completely unloaded AND have a trigger lock, or be in a case. Not sure about other states. I think I've only seen one person open carry in the last 8 years and he looked like an off duty cop.
Same here for transport. No permit...must be unloaded and secured. And thats a judgement call on the cop really.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #133
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
PA has no lifetime. It's simply the $19/5yr.

Can you open carry without a permit? We can not. Can any state open carry w/o a permit?
Az is open carry. Our CCW permits prices are somewhere around $200, but to my knowledge it isn't lifetime. I am due for a renewal this year.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #134
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Talked to Target World today. They said that I can take the CCW class, but it won't do anything for licensing. Fine by me, not worried about licensing, just want to take the class for safety and knowledge. Hope to learn something from it. I get into Cinci on Tuesday evening, so I'll probably head up there Wednesday night for some shooting and to register for the class. Then I'll check Vandalia's hours and maybe go up there Thursday while the other guns are fresh in my head and try out the Springfields. I might end up buying something while I'm there, if Ohio doesn't have a problem with Indiana residents buying guns over there. I'll find out when I go to TW in a few days.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #135
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Captain Morgan

If your interested in buying a gun, I would do as your doing and go to Target World and shoot a variety of guns that they have. But if you are willing to buy, I would also look into a place called Shooters Supply in Loveland (not far from Cincy depending where) the prices are probably some of the best in the area. Between my younger brother, my dad they have probably bought I'd say 20+ guns from them. They are very easy to talk to and deal with, I would recommend buying from them over TW. My gripe with TW (the prices are a little high) but they just try to sell someone a gun that is above and beyond what they really need. I've been in there before and they were trying to sell a $1000+ Kimber to a young couple that was just wanting to get into shooting, and they had asked for a nice entry level gun.

That's just my $.02. I use TW for the range, and to try out a few models if I happen to be in the market, but for buying I go to Shooters Supply.
Hydrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #136
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Thanks, I'll have to check them out!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #137
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

I'm off today. I should go look at weapons.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #138
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'm off today. I should go look at weapons.
Do it. Don't just look though. Fire some.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #139
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Do it. Don't just look though. Fire some.
I dont know that there's a lot of places around here to fire.

Quote:
Old 01-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #140
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I dont know that there's a lot of places around here to fire.
Yellow pages my friend. Use it...or Google.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote