Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #131
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Whole Foods is a convenient source of grass-fed beef. I know they have organic / free range chicken but I don't know what it's fed. Trader Joe's has good stuff too.

Grass-fed beef tastes totally different. I can't see how caged animals would have the same muscle development that free-range animals do.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #132
AquaPython
put it THIS way

APOC - or anyone else.

prove it. you have a link or a study to show that this data is incorrect, from a source that is not directly supported by a food company. post it. i would love to read it.

Last edited by AquaPython; 03-29-2010 at 11:59 AM..
AquaPython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #133
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
And now Apoc is wrong.
No, im not. A lean cut of meat from corn fed beef has the same nutrtional value as beef thats fed the greenest grass. The fattest cuts will undoubtledly have more fat, but you shouldnt be buying those anyway.

Its not about what the beef is fed, its about the cuts you buy, the amount you eat, etc etc.

Blaming the food industry for fat people, is like blaming the weather man because its raining. Corn fed, chemical grown beef is not killing Americans. Overeating is.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #134
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
prove it. you have a link or a study to show that this data is incorrect, from a source that is not directly supported by a food company. post it. i would love to read it.

The proof? 100 grams of lean beef has 36 grams of protein. Thats universal, thats every cow ever raised, because that is the chemical composition of beef. That is the way the amino acids link together in their DNA. Chicken has 30 grams per 100. Thats every chicken breast, ever, throughout the world, in that range (+-1 gram). It doesnt matter where you buy your cuts, this is a constant.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #135
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
The proof? 100 grams of lean beef has 36 grams of protein. Thats universal, thats every cow ever raised, because that is the chemical composition of beef. That is the way the amino acids link together in their DNA. Chicken has 30 grams per 100. Thats every chicken breast, ever, throughout the world, in that range (+-1 gram). It doesnt matter where you buy your cuts, this is a constant.
There's more to meat than just protein content.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #136
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
There's more to meat than just protein content.

Nobody is saying there isnt, he said that that cuts of meat have 75% less protein then they did before, and its just not true. The vast majority of the other 64 grams is water.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #137
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
are you getting that from something like calorie King ? it seems to me that you are getting this information on a study of available beef, and concluding on your own that this universal, and historically accurate. again, post your sources.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #138
AquaPython
put it THIS way

are you going to tell me that the average chicken breast is not 4 times larger than they were in the 1930's, or that captive Turkeys are so fucking fat they would die and not procreate if it was not STRICTLY for artificial insemination?
Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #139
Apoc

Quote:
are you getting that from something like calorie King ? it seems to me that you are getting this information on a study of available beef, and concluding on your own that this universal, and historically accurate. again, post your sources.
Im getting that from th numerous books I read and researched on the subject when I was bodybuilding. I have never seen, or even fucking know what a calorie king is. I got my info from the work of the best nutritionists in the world. Gerard Dente, Chris Janusz (that might be spelled wrong), bruce sweeney, and many others.

Buy 'Macrobolic Nutrition', its the simplest for people who dont know their shit to learn from.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #140
Apoc

Quote:
are you going to tell me that the average chicken breast is not 4 times larger than they were in the 1930's, or that captive Turkeys are so fucking fat they would die and not procreate if it was not STRICTLY for artificial insemination?
NO, I AM NOT TELLING YOU THE AVERAGE CHICKEN BREAST ISNT LARGER.

Im telling you that for 100 fucking grams of chicken breast, there is 30 grams of protein. Is it really that hard to understand?