Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #131
ShanMan14
sunuvabytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Dude. You havent been here since um, like 2 years ago and you magically show up within an hour or so of this thread being posted?

Nice.

Suuuuuure it is oh glorious leader...
Gawt Damn... yeah. What're you implying? I was bored on a Friday and figured I'd check in. Still gots the hate, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
This is a classy joint, Hippy.

Would it kill you to wear a tie?
I'm rockin' the old school Jesus, but I'll admit he's snazzy in a tie.

What's CF? I feel like I should know. [ducks]

ShanMan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #132
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

CycleForums: Another victim of Vertical Scope and the evil Canadian plan to rule the intarwebs.

Muhuhuhahahahahaha!

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #133
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post

Cycle Forums, they got bought by VS about a year after TWF. We took in a bunch of their refugees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #134
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I had heard Rez was bitter over the exodus that took place after the site was sold, but knowing what I know about Rez I had trouble believing it. I just always assumed he was forbidden from joining other forums for a while or something...

Naw he wasn't bitter about the exodus, he was heartbroken that years of his life was destroyed in a matter of a week.

Before the VS buyout he had told a few folks at the rally in gettysburg that year that he was talking to VS about them buying the forum. He was saying that he was going to have to stay with it for a while after the buyout as a condition of the sale, and he wouldnt be able to start another forum for a year or some time period like that. Rez was gonna help somebody else that was there, a larger fellow, that everyone except me was familiar with was gonna learn how to set up another forum. Over a few beers at the table during kareoke they were talking that he had reserved a domain name, cafeforums.com or something like that. I was pretty drunk and really dont remember much else except those conversations, and wearing that one girls bra while singing a very bad rendition of kryptonite.

Tommy, you were there, care to confirm my memory?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #135
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Naw he wasn't bitter about the exodus, he was heartbroken that years of his life was destroyed in a matter of a week.

Before the VS buyout he had told a few folks at the rally in gettysburg that year that he was talking to VS about them buying the forum. He was saying that he was going to have to stay with it for a while after the buyout as a condition of the sale, and he wouldnt be able to start another forum for a year or some time period like that. Rez was gonna help somebody else that was there, a larger fellow, that everyone except me was familiar with was gonna learn how to set up another forum. Over a few beers at the table during kareoke they were talking that he had reserved a domain name, cafeforums.com or something like that. I was pretty drunk and really dont remember much else except those conversations, and wearing that one girls bra while singing a very bad rendition of kryptonite.

Tommy, you were there, care to confirm my memory?
I was prety drunk too. I did know about the sale and the obvious reasons behind it. Sux things went the way they did though.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #136
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I was prety drunk too. I did know about the sale and the obvious reasons behind it. Sux things went the way they did though.
Yeh that keg and all the free beer the hotel was feeding us really did the trick huh?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #137
ShanMan14
sunuvabytch

CF.... Ah ok. Damn, what was the point of acquiring websites then? Sounds like I missed a lot more drama.
ShanMan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #138
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
CF.... Ah ok. Damn, what was the point of acquiring websites then? Sounds like I missed a lot more drama.
VS is a large company that buys well established motorcycle forums with high traffic and adds a ton of adds, slows the internet speed and starts charging for stuff, and changes the established culture to fit their idea of a good forum. They own so many forums that a good chunk of the larger and bike specific forums are owned by them. They also have a habit of promising to take care of the admin/owners, and screwing them over in short order
Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #139
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
VS is a large company that buys well established motorcycle forums with high traffic and adds a ton of adds, slows the internet speed and starts charging for stuff, and changes the established culture to fit their idea of a good forum. They own so many forums that a good chunk of the larger and bike specific forums are owned by them. They also have a habit of promising to take care of the admin/owners, and screwing them over in short order
I get the impression that ShanMan14 already knows all of that

They've actually gone after the motorsports forums as a whole now, not just motorcycle based ones. Cars, watercraft, you name it; they want them all, so that they can control the ad revenue base.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #140
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Gawt Damn... yeah. What're you implying? I was bored on a Friday and figured I'd check in. Still gots the hate, eh?

I'm rockin' the old school Jesus, but I'll admit he's snazzy in a tie.

No, no hate...guilty conscience much?

I just find it quite "trollish" of you to show up so very quickly when you don't bother to say hello or post anything else for over a year.

Your actions speak for themselves man, I'm just pointing out the obvious. I could care less what you do or where you are.

You're the one who chooses not to hang out with us...maybe if you showed up more than just when you think you're being insulted we'd have more love for you.

If it makes you feel any better, we neither talk about you or think about you in public or private, including Mod Digs.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote