Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #131
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

So my bro was reading a kids book to my nephew on the way up to my sis's saturday. It was a book about cars/motorcycles/other transportation. It had this really funny section about how modern bikes use chains and how antiques use belt drives. I need to scan it. It was hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #132
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
ehh not as my main bike. I want a SS, just want one that gets at least what I was getting for my ZZR at 150miles to a tank.

I'd love to have a Uly as an adventure tourer though. take a trip to Barrow AK and back! (that's the northern most town you can drive/ride to)

The SS and X and XT are the same frame and swingarm. Same fuel quantity.

You appear to be a right tall fellow. You'd be surprised how agile the Uly is. It handles the same as the SS. It's just got longer legs.

If you are looking at an SS and you are thinking about doing any long distance travel, I would strongly suggest the X or the XT.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #133
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
The SS and X and XT are the same frame and swingarm. Same fuel quantity.

You appear to be a right tall fellow. You'd be surprised how agile the Uly is. It handles the same as the SS. It's just got longer legs.

If you are looking at an SS and you are thinking about doing any long distance travel, I would strongly suggest the X or the XT.
hummm... damn it people... I'm try'n to narrow down my list... not fuck'n make it grow!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #134
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
I understand... but if I take the trip's I'm planning... I'm not stop'n every 120 miles for gas on a 7-8k trip... it'd force me to add a couple days to the trip to have time to stop in certain places...

good... ass clown
I was calling the snow stupid shit, not you... fuck wad.

and maybe you should just rig up some saddle bag gas tanks like nighthawk did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #135
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
hummm... damn it people... I'm try'n to narrow down my list... not fuck'n make it grow!
^^^^ Same here Ebbs.... all you people and your damn opinions and wallets full of money!!! haha I always seem to get down to what I think I want, and then you get under my skin and i start to think, "well that would be nice to start on... oh and that too!!" And then there is like 6 bikes on my list again!!! *Sigh* It's an addiction...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #136
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
I was calling the snow stupid shit, not you... fuck wad.

and maybe you should just rig up some saddle bag gas tanks like nighthawk did.
well I was calling you an assclown... not the snow... Douchnozzle

and I thought about it... but the problem is that puts a lot of weight high up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
^^^^ Same here Ebbs.... all you people and your damn opinions and wallets full of money!!! haha I always seem to get down to what I think I want, and then you get under my skin and i start to think, "well that would be nice to start on... oh and that too!!" And then there is like 6 bikes on my list again!!! *Sigh* It's an addiction...
yeah it's both good and bad... good because it's nice to have options... but bad that there isn't one that fits all of my needs and wants.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #137
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:

You've seen it before, and I'm no Rossi. The Uly is quite capable:

My longest day was 650 miles including about 4 hours at Deal's. You can go all day and wake up the next morning and do it all over again.

You CAN do the same on an RC51 as Drewp has demonstrated, but I can guarantee you it's the difference between comfort and torture.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #138
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
yeah it's both good and bad... good because it's nice to have options... but bad that there isn't one that fits all of my needs and wants.
I thought you liked your ZZR? I've always liked them... why not just get the ins. to replace it??? The perfect blend of SS fun with a pretty comfortable riding position. You want something a little more up to date and high-tech???

I'm telling you... the most comfortable SS I've sat on in awhile... is the 07/08 ZX-6R. Ask Sixxxer.... I've got an insider on a brand new 07 for a rediculously low price....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 11-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #139
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I thought you liked your ZZR? I've always liked them... why not just get the ins. to replace it??? The perfect blend of SS fun with a pretty comfortable riding position. You want something a little more up to date and high-tech???

I'm telling you... the most comfortable SS I've sat on in awhile... is the 07/08 ZX-6R. Ask Sixxxer.... I've got an insider on a brand new 07 for a rediculously low price....
I like it... great bike... but it's time for something new. I want a FI bike... the carbs weren't an issue most of the time... but under 25mph you have to work the clutch to avoid surges.

I just want something diffrent. the ZZR is still more than enough bike for me... which is why I'm leaning towards staying in the 600 class.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #140
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
I like it... great bike... but it's time for something new. I want a FI bike... the carbs weren't an issue most of the time... but under 25mph you have to work the clutch to avoid surges.

I just want something diffrent. the ZZR is still more than enough bike for me... which is why I'm leaning towards staying in the 600 class.
Yea, thats what i'm worried about the YZF600R, is the carbs. Being Ohio and all. Cold mornings will be a drag... Plus I'll need someone to teach me how to work on them, cause I heard they can be finickey when they get old...

My buddies got an 05 R6 for sale... got FI... lol
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold