Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Which house would you choose?
House A: Big, fancy, look at me! 3 11.54%
House B: Smaller, easier to maintain, better locale. 22 84.62%
I fucker Tater's ex-wife in shmike's guest room. 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #131
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
are you saying trailer parks are ghetto? cuz i didn't.
That's where this is going. If someone picks trailer park over an n-hood, that will be the next step. Theres a couple nice trailer parks out there, just like there are bad ones. The same with neighborhoods. I would pick certain trailer parks over neighborhoods and would want a neighborhood over certain trailer parks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #132
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
we had the biggest UHAUL truck full of stuff, and our house looked pretty empty.
The biggest truck i could get from Budget was 25'.

It took me four trips to move all the stuff from our 1600 sqft, 2-car garage home to our new place.

I'll say this- we've got more than enough crap to fill our 2000 sq ft, 4 br/2.5 ba home, but we also have rooms that I don't go in for weeks at a time- we've got a dedicated guest bedroom, and my wife has a home office. The cats have their own bathroom. I use the kitchen, bathroom, master bedroom, and living room. 2000 is not a small amount of space if the house has a good layout.

Sure, i'd take 3500 if i could get it and move some more of my projects in out of the garage, but there's no way in hell i'd give up my location for it. That's why i personally said to go for B. There's no substitute for location.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #133
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
How did this get to be a money/class issue? In his original post shmike said that both houses cost the same.

There are a lot of questions that remain to be answered in order to make an informed decision in this case. I fail to see how cost of the house and the perceived status that comes with it is one of them.
about the same price but with A you have HOA to pay which raises the cost per month. does sound like a money issue, would be with me anyway.

Tina and I was just talking about HOA's, did you check to see if motorcycles were allowed in that gated community? you may not be able to ride that fiddy in the yard. better read the HOA agreement first.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #134
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post

Sure, i'd take 3500 if i could get it and move some more of my projects in out of the garage, .
NO YOUR WRONG!!! you can't want more, you have to want less............
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #135
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
trailer park or normal n-hood?

so the answer is n-hood?
N-hoods (neighborhoods?) don't have to be some subdivision 20 miles from the city core. There are tons of older, more established neighborhoods closer to the city. Granted, the homes will be smaller, but IMO they have more character, and it's pretty much assured that they'll hold their value more (on a % basis) than the new developments 20 miles out.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #136
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
NO YOUR WRONG!!! you can't want more, you have to want less............
It depends on your needs and wants. You want more, we want less. My wife wants more, I want less. It's opinion, neither of us are wrong. If you can afford more, good for you. There is a lot of people who wanted more and royally fucked up this country's housing market. So I say to them, they can go fuck themselves.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #137
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I have to agree with trip. If I won a shit ton of money, I'd buy a bunch of land and build about a 1500 sq. ft. house with probably the same size garage. Then I'd put a track on my land and have a shit ton of fun with all my two wheel friends.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #138
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Then I'd put a track on my land and have a shit ton of fun with all my two wheel friends.
now that would be cool as hell to have.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #139
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I have to agree with trip. If I won a shit ton of money, I'd buy a bunch of land and build about a 1500 sq. ft. house with probably the same size garage. Then I'd put a track on my land and have a shit ton of fun with all my two wheel friends.
That was actually my plan too. I just didn't add the track part. It would be like 3-4 tracks in one. One big pavement, one that was attached to the big pavement, but went into the infield that was much tighter and shorter for fiddy motards. A portion of the big asphalt would jut off for some dirt section for a supermoto addition. And then have a full on dirt.
Quote:
Old 08-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #140
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
N-hoods (neighborhoods?) don't have to be some subdivision 20 miles from the city core. There are tons of older, more established neighborhoods closer to the city. Granted, the homes will be smaller, but IMO they have more character, and it's pretty much assured that they'll hold their value more (on a % basis) than the new developments 20 miles out.
in houston, inner city means you also get inner city schools (which suck) so then add the cost of private school to your "cheap" house.

in houston, you buy a cheap house and your in n-hoods w/ alot of undesirables. you then you spend alot of $ to get a small house "in-town" thats nice then your still in the chity school, so then add exp house + private school......startin to add up.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote