Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #141
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You can actually buy professional looking clothes at Sears?

I haven't been there in a long time, but I thought the only dress shirts they had were from fake brands like Van Huesen, with cardboard-like collars and cuffs, and buttons that fall off after 3 wearings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
When I go there, I go there specifically for the Dockers lineup.
Its close by, its Sears so its never really crowded and mall rats avoid it like the plague. Plus there is always parking by the sears entrance at the mall. End result, whenever I need work clothes I go there. They always had a good selection. I have no clue what else they sell besides the tool section I walk through to get to the mens clothes section.

They could sell Irish whores for all I know.

Oh yeah...my wife goes there because that's where she takes the boys to get their pictures.

Further proof that if a thread goes on long enough paul and 'slice will fag it up with clothes, shopping or clothes shopping.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #142
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Further proof that if a thread goes on long enough paul and 'slice will fag it up with clothes, shopping or clothes shopping.
A twisted variation of Goodwyn's Law

Quote:
For what it's worth....

Here are some pics I took inside the best Walmart I've ever been in.......It was some kind of "test" store they built a few years ago......I was told they only built 5-10 as nice as this one. This one was in a pretty rich suburb of Dallas (either Plano or Frisco, can't remember)

THESE are the kind of wide-open aisles & sweet signage that EVERY Walmart should have.....

Check out their wine section....

And their produce.....

That's what Wegman's and Hannaford's looks like here.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #143
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
If it goes to jail kaneman will prison rape it
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #144
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
For what it's worth....

Here are some pics I took inside the best Walmart I've ever been in.......It was some kind of "test" store they built a few years ago......I was told they only built 5-10 as nice as this one. This one was in a pretty rich suburb of Dallas (either Plano or Frisco, can't remember)

THESE are the kind of wide-open aisles & sweet signage that EVERY Walmart should have.....
Walmart does all kinds of test stores that they try different things. They got some flat out just plain grocery stores, not all the other shit. They have the green signage like you see in your pics. They have just the regular walmart without the grocery side. And they got the supercenters with everything.

Hell we got the megacenter in sevierville, which was the biggest supercenter in the world, may not be anymore. It's redneck heaven.

Walmart has been trying to do a better job of adapting to the area they put their stores in to make them fit in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #145
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

At least I will look good in comfortable clothes as Kaneman trades me for a carton of cigs.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #146
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
A twisted variation of Goodwyn's Law

That's what Wegman's and Hannaford's looks like here.
We wen to the walmart near mid ohio raceway and it kinda looked like that.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #147
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
When I go there, I go there specifically for the Dockers lineup.
Some Dockers are OK, but the problem (and this goes for all Levi's products)..........is that they have 20 different countries making their shit.......each with their own version of "quality control"

So let's say you try on some pants, and you like them, so you grab 2-3 more off the shelf in different colors, thinking "it's the same pant".

You take them home and find out they're off by a full inch in sizing.......... And some of them hold their creases, while the others need to be ironed every single time.......etc..

Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #148
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #149
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Some Dockers are OK, but the problem (and this goes for all Levi's products)..........is that they have 20 different countries making their shit.......each with their own version of "quality control"

So let's say you try on some pants, and you like them, so you grab 2-3 more off the shelf in different colors, thinking "it's the same pant".

You take them home and find out they're off by a full inch in sizing.......... And some of them hold their creases, while the others need to be ironed every single time.......etc..

100% Agree..

I had a couple of pairs where they were labelled the same size but vary up to 3 inches length.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #150
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Eight and three quarter million hits?

Sorry, this isn't "casual" corporate greed we're talkin' here.

Walmart's reputation is well earned.

All the negative press is well deserved, and then some.

They deserve the "scarlet W", they worked hard fer it....lol
After reading through this thread this is what really sticks out to me. Shop there or don't shop there and most of the reasons I've read have some sort of validity, but this argument is just ridiculous. A google search of Target evil generates almost 90 million results. You realize a google search of Obama evil results in 120 million results? Bush evil results in 57 million and change, there were twice as many Presidents with that name, and it could also catch people talking about nefarious foliage. You know what we can conclude based on all of this? Nothing about the relative evil of any of them.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote